BF4 DirectX error/crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonados

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
Whenever i launch Battlefield 4 it loads into battlelog and it goes fine until the game window opens. It is totally white and this error message pops up:

DirectX function
"screen->swapChain->ResizeTarget(&screen->outputMode)" failed with E_INVALIDARG ("An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function."). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce 650 Ti BOOST", Driver: 35306

I`ve searced all over the internet and couldnt find anyone with the same problem so i hope someone here can help me :)

Please, i really need some help right now Battlefield 4 is one of my favourite games atm!

Solution
Odd, seems to be crashing re-sizing the screen; what resolution are you trying to use; desktop resolution, or something else? Might be a .ini file somewhere you can modify to change this if you can't get into game.

Vice93

Reputable
Jul 3, 2014
1: Try disabling Origin In-Game ( Origin>Right click BF4>Game Details>Edit>Disable Origin In-Game)
2: ^As Survive said, try to repair the game.
3: Try to uninstall and reinstall your graphics card driver
4: Make sure you're not running any 3rd party applications in the background, like xFire, Steam, raptr, team viewer etc.
5: Try running it in 32-bit mode

Try these fixes and let me know how it goes.

Jonados

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
Thanks to everyone, it works now but i dont know why.

I closed all other programs (wierd if that would work since i managed to play it before)
I reinstalled graphics card driver with no luck
Repairing and disabling origin in-game didnt work either
but now when i started the game it worked flawlessly

Thanks!

Jonados

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
Alright, i found the problem. It was the "Evolve" program. Basicly whenever you start a game within its databases it creates an overlay that can be shown when you press the windows key. All that explains the "screen resize" thing which gamerk316 talked about. Anyways, i hope this helps anyone with the same problem :)

Jonados

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015

No, "Evolve" is an external program used to host simulated LAN lobbies. It creates a "toolbar" When you start the game which can be used to record, share what game you are playnig ect.

Jake_95

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016
If your using precsion x oc don' have the precsion x server running and minimize the main so you can cool your GPU. If you have up on your desktop it crashes. I renamed mye precison server and add 10 behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.