BF4 Hardware for 60 FPS in Max Settings

Spartanclone001

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to buy a new gaming PC to play Battlefield 4 (BF4) while maintaining 60FPS in Max Settings (the highest settings for visuals, resolution, etc.) even under an intense multiplayer match. I have a large budget of $6,500 (USD) that I would like to dedicate towards the desktop itself (I have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.). What kind of hardware will I be needing to play BF4 while always keeping a 60FPS in Ultra Settings?

Thank you for all your help!

Combatmed1

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
BF4 is incredibly poorly optimized at this time. Even High end machines are having a hard time maintaining high FPS rates on ultra settings. That being said, you should seriously consider building your own PC, instead of buying one. This way you get to pick the parts, and it will be much cheaper!

Graphics wise, a 780-780ti (nVidia cards) are some of the best you can get right now. The AMD 290x is a really good card also, and if/when AMD releases Mantle, it will be an excellent card.

In all reality, ram is up to you. Just make sure it has a nice high frequency.

There are several outstanding motherboards to choose from also.

Power supplies do not cost very much, and are the backbone of the PC. I like to utilize the features found in modular power supplies. My favirite is the EVGA SuperNova 1000w P2.

As for your drives, I use a Samsung 256Gb 840 PRO ssd for my OS, a Samsung 128Gb 840 PRO ssd dedicated to games, and a Seagate 2Tb hdd for storage and certain OS folders.

For cpu cooling, you can go air or water. I like the Noctua NH-D14 air cooler. It is really big, and even with my i7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz, it keeps everything nice and chilled. For gaming, an i5 cpu is really all you need...However, I like the features of the i7. If you are looking to overclock (come on everyone does it!) make sure you get a "k" processor, they are made to overclock:) I really cannot say anything about AMD processors, I simply have not used them.

So, as you can see, there are many excellent choices laid out before you! In fact, you can actually build your own PC that will be top of the line....with half your budget! I hope this helps a little bit.

Combatmed1

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
Remember, if you do get Win 8/8.1 and you do not like the cell phone look. There are shells that you can download that will make it look exactly like Win 7;)

Spartanclone001

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013

Very well put, thank you so very much!

Spartanclone001

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013

It is like you read my mind! Any free alternatives?