[SOLVED] Bgears PC Case Front Panel Replacement?

Mar 2, 2022
Hi, I'm new here. I'm in the process of refurbishing a bought-off-of-Amazon PC. It has, what I believe to be, a Bgears Draco PC case. I was told on the Other forum that the front panel is choking the airflow of the cooling fans. They told me that I should just take the front panel off and leave it off. The problem with that is, for me anyway, without a front panel, a lot of important systems are left exposed and venerable.

What I want to get is a panel with sort of a mesh cover. The issue is, I don't know where to start. I have looked for them, but have turned up very little. Some I don't even know if they fit my PC or not. One I bought from Amazon turned out to be too small. Is there anyone here who can help point me in the right direction?

wTvVo45m.jpg
nnEuY87m.jpg
HO3llPRm.jpg

Solution
Hi, I'm new here. I'm in the process of refurbishing a bought-off-of-Amazon PC. It has, what I believe to be, a Bgears Draco PC case. I was told on the Other forum that the front panel is choking the airflow of the cooling fans. They told me that I should just take the front panel off and leave it off. The problem with that is, for me anyway, without a front panel, a lot of important systems are left exposed and venerable.

What I want to get is a panel with sort of a mesh cover. The issue is, I don't know where to start. I have looked for them, but have turned up very little. Some I don't even know if they fit my PC or not. One I bought from Amazon turned out to be too small. Is there anyone here who can help point me in...
Hello and welcome
Have you run some temp tests with and without front panel so YOU can decide if the front panel is indeed restricting airflow (instead of what someone else told you) ?
Are there ANY open vented areas in the front panel at all or is it totally sealed off plastic ?
Are you reburbing for yourself or are you intending to sell it on ?
From the pic I can see that the top fans are pushing out air but you have a mesh grill covering the top panel of the case which is going to restrict the ability of the top fans to push air out. Remove the top mesh if it is a magetic or clipped in design. Rerun temp tests.

DSzymborski

Titan
It's unlikely you're going to find anything at all that directly fits. Cases are not made up of standardized parts. You'll occasionally find a part for an extremely popular, mainstream case, but I'd be extremely surprised if there was an aftermarket for any bgears cases.

Whether the airflow is bad enough to be worth it to you to not have a front panel is something you'll have to test to discover, and will depend on many issues like ambient temperature and what parts you have, and you haven't said anything about that. However, I don't see any particular vulnerability to your parts with the panel off.

Mar 2, 2022
Have you run some temp tests with and without front panel so YOU can decide if the front panel is indeed restricting airflow (instead of what someone else told you)?

Don't know how.

Are there ANY open vented areas in the front panel at all or is it totally sealed off plastic?

There is a rectangular hole on the bottom of the panel. I assume air goes thru there.

Are you reburbing for yourself or are you intending to sell it on?

Just me. I'm working with, what I've been told, years old parts, so I'm just updating it little by little.

What I want to get is a panel with sort of a mesh cover. The issue is, I don't know where to start. I have looked for them, but have turned up very little. Some I don't even know if they fit my PC or not. One I bought from Amazon turned out to be too small. Is there anyone here who can help point me in the right direction?

wTvVo45m.jpg
nnEuY87m.jpg
HO3llPRm.jpg

You are not likely to find a case front only for the case. But as in the other posts, first you need to start with the fact as to why you are changing it. Is the system crashing? You did not do any temp checks yet either. If you want to do a mesh front, looks like you can use a cutting tool like a Dremel to cut out out some metal from the front panel, sand the edges, and glue in the mesh yourself. Also with the fans in the case, I don't see much exposed unless you took the side panels off also.

Solution
Mar 2, 2022
Before you do any temp testing which we can come onto later, first download UserBenchMark and post a link here to the results so we can see what hardware you have and whether it is even worth bothering with stress testing temps or not.

UserBenchmarks: Game 39%, Desk 74%, Work 33%
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 - 69%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-3GB - 53.7%
SSD: Sandisk PLUS 2000GB - 33.3%
SSD: Spcc Solid State Disk 512GB - 350.9%
RAM: Hynix HMT41GU7BFR8A-PB 4x8GB - 46.8%
MBD: Howard Q77