Bid on This System, Help Japan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]lutfij[/nom]what makes you people so sure the poster on ebay is not a dogdy fella!?!?!?![/citation]
Because the PR manager there contacted me directly about it. :)

/ Tuan

carcharocles_theory

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010
The ZOTAC brand GPU and Zalman PSU kill this rig for me. Is it really hard to ask for an Evga, MSI or Asus VGA and a Corsair or Seasonic (heck, even XFX) Power supply?

Also, for gaming the I7 2600K would be a lot cheaper and outperform that processor, if I'm not mistaken.

G

I don't understand why would people think this is a scam? Tom's Hardware is a very legit and top news review site. Plus they also mention they will donate all the money to Red Cross and show the certificate. So don't know how is that fake and scam. Anyways, everyone have their own opinion, I just think this is a good cause. PUSH PUSH!

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
It's not worse than chernobyl, because the firefighters there are not playing soccer with glowing chunks of uranium and graphite that happened to be laying all around the power plant......

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]GeekApproved[/nom]How is two thousand dollars going to help Japan?[/citation]
Helps a lot more than you complaining about how others help, (and if you could read you would know the entire amount the PC is sold for is going directly to the Red Cross for Japan relief efforts).

That case is f-ing amazing by the way. Why doesn't NewEgg carry it? I want it, it looks expensive. Very sexy.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]GeekApproved[/nom]How is two thousand dollars going to help Japan? Japan right now is worse than Chernobyl.Nothing is under control.Bodies everywhere, thousands still missing, 13,000 found dead.$2000??[/citation]
It may not be that much in the grand scheme of things, but every little bit helps and it all adds up. At the very least, its better then not doing anything at all.

mediv42

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
"it's better then not doing anything at all"

The problem in japan is that there is a melting nuclear reactor and not a lot of good ways to fix it. Lack of money is not a problem, they are one of the richest countries in the world.

How does giving them money help in any way? they can afford all of the rebuilding efforts. Its like throwing money at someone who is about to get hit by a car. Sometimes, money just doesnt help.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
[citation][nom]mediv42[/nom]Its like throwing money at someone who is about to get hit by a car. Sometimes, money just doesnt help.[/citation]

ROFL but so true.

Status
Not open for further replies.