Bigger Cooler or Smaller Power Consumption

Jan 3, 2019
I've heard that the Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ has a huge and apparently robust cooling solution, and that the EVGA GTX1060 SC has a much smaller and apparently noisier cooling solution by comparison.
However, the EVGA SC uses almost half the power of the Nitro+.

So what are the consenquences of the Nitro+'s higher power consumption in regards to overall tempuratures? I've heard the Nitro+'s bigger cooler means the card itself runs cooler and quieter compared to the EVGA SC, however, does the difference in power usage levels affect the overall temperatures of other components? What difference does it make?

Solution
The Nitro + is about the best RX 580 on the market, it has a higher power consumption due to the GPU architecture itself, I.e. AMD cards tend to draw more power. Ive had a Nitro 580 & it runs very quiet & cool. I had zero problems with it.

Does higher power consumption affect other components & should you be worried?

You shouldnt be worried, the 1060 & 580 will run at similar temperatures give or take a couple degrees & both these cards wont really affect your overall system temp as you have case fans intaking cold air & exhausting hot air.

Both cards are good & you shouldnt be worried regardless which one you get. You can however generally find 580's for cheaper than 1060's & they come with 2 games included

tiaan_strauss

Proper
Jan 12, 2019
The Nitro + is about the best RX 580 on the market, it has a higher power consumption due to the GPU architecture itself, I.e. AMD cards tend to draw more power. Ive had a Nitro 580 & it runs very quiet & cool. I had zero problems with it.

Does higher power consumption affect other components & should you be worried?

You shouldnt be worried, the 1060 & 580 will run at similar temperatures give or take a couple degrees & both these cards wont really affect your overall system temp as you have case fans intaking cold air & exhausting hot air.

Both cards are good & you shouldnt be worried regardless which one you get. You can however generally find 580's for cheaper than 1060's & they come with 2 games included

Solution