[SOLVED] Biohd-8 error code

brothapipp

Honorable
Jul 19, 2014
I had a power outage that I think wiped me out. I had put my puter to sleep and while in sleep mode, I lost power. When i restored the power, the computer was non responsive, so i killed the power supply and did a hard reset. After several hours of attempting to resolve the issue i finally did a diagnostic check of the hardware. My boot drive along with all my personal files are on the hard drive and are now inaccessible.

My supposed solution to the situation is to buy an SDD, load it with some small sized linux OS, boot from the SDD and try and retrieve the files manually. Will this work?

I've watched a video in which it details connecting the old HD to some contraption that would allow my computer to view it as an external HD.
How screwed am I?

And I apologize i cannot give the specs on the device as it non-functionin, But from memory
Its an HP with violet6 MOBO, amd processor, the hard drive itself is named, WDC WD10eads-65m2b0

Solution
You won't even need an ssd, Linux has bootable media : flashdrive or optical disk you can use.
You will need something to recover the files to. You don't recover files to the same drive you are recovering from.