Question Bios and Windows unable to be accessed. At a complete loss for what to do.

Sep 14, 2024
Gonna try to keep this short and sweet and get right to it.

What i did before the issue:
I tried cleaning my computer just yesterday. Opened up the back panel and used a dust cleaner to remove dust etc.
Like an idiot, I did not think to disconnect the battery first and ended up tilting the can too much and blew some nitrogen(?) onto the motherboard. Yes, I am an absolute neanderthal.
Disconnected the battery right after.
After cleaning I reseated the power connector from battery to motherboard. I had some trouble here: each time i started connecting the power cable (which i truggled with a few times) it made a tiny blue electric arc. I don't think the stuff from the can got onto the connector but it was somewhat in the vicinity.
I also attempted some light undervolting for the first time that very same day, and disable enhanced intel something something and VT-d.

The meat of the issue:
The laptop is capable of charging. It can use the battery but only if i boot it once with the AC adapter connected.
After that, it endlessly loops between shutting off for 5 seconds, and "booting" for around 30 seconds. In this state, it runs off battery power, but it seems to be unable to start from only the battery if I have left it without AC power for a few minutes.
The screen is not playing the ROG boot animation and simply sits on the brand logo until it shuts off.
Fans also start spinning after laptop has generated a bit of heat during boot, and will maintain this if I allow it to keep looping the boot over and over.
Keyboard RGB lights up with the full animation, and once complete, seems to remember my default colour setting.
And last but not least, I can not enter either BIOS or Windows, and have tried various methods for this including pressing all the F's and Del button.
The Question:
Is there anything i can do here? I have attempted the following:
-Reseating Ram. And even booting without it, but this made difference.
-Booting without one and both of the NVMe SSD's
-Cmos reset multiple times, and in various configurations of power (only internal battery, AC connected but no internal battery etc) by holding the power button off for some period of time. The power button flashes and stuff but otherwise no change.
-Laptop doesn't seem to have a CMOS battery, but I would have tried that as well if possible

All in all there are some positives at least. The screen works and so does the power button, AC power cable and even the battery seems to charge.
Still, it is a big problem that I can not enter Bios or Windows. The laptop was also set to only run on the dGPU in armory crate before the issue occured if that is relevant.

I have the newer 2024 strix scar 18 model, and bought it like 4 months ago, and it has been running fantastically with no issues until yesterday. I'm a little crushed right now after spending like eight hours researching and trying various things to no avail. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Specs Scar 18:
-Windows 11 Pro
- RTX 4090 175 W
-I9 14900HX up to 5.8 Mhz
-1x32GB DDR5-5600 SO-DIMM
-2x 1TB M2 SSD's
-Battery 90WHrs, 4S1P, 4-cell Li-ion
-330W AC adapter
-MiniLed, Mux switch, Usb ports,Hdmi. The usual pretty much. No display port.

2024 strix scar 18 model, and bought it like 4 months ago
contact ASUS for repair support.
you do not want to be dabbling with the hardware and possibly voiding any warranty.
you may want to leave out details about opening up the system and possibly causing damage.

if it's only 4 months old why were you trying to access the interior and "clean"?
do you really live in such an area that dust would have accumulated so much so quickly?
if so, you should vacuum/dust much more often in any area that the system will be located.

Reactions: geofelt
Sep 14, 2024
contact ASUS for repair support.
you do not want to be dabbling with the hardware and possibly voiding any warranty.
you may want to leave out details about opening up the system and possibly causing damage.

if it's only 4 months old why were you trying to access the interior and "clean"?
do you really live in such an area that dust would have accumulated so much so quickly?
if so, you should vacuum/dust much more often in any area that the system will be located.
Yes, i suppose the cleaning was unnecessary.

Playing Space Marine 2 the temps have been constantly at max and only been held back by throttling. The graph for my CPU temps are literally a flat line at 95 degrees. I figured that more dust had accumulated than I thought.

I'll try to see if I can get some repair support, hopefully they offer this where I live.