Question BIOS background color changed

Sachin J28

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2015
I upgraded my pc and my bios color changed from red and black background to green background with white text (image is not my screen just an example), even the windows loading screen is green instead of black with the blue windows logo and white loading circle (animation). Screen colors are fine after loading screen.

This was my old system, I changed GPU to a Sapphire RX 7700 XT Nitro+, CPU to a Ryzen 7 5700X, Case is a TD500 Mesh V2, Cooler is a Deepcool AK500. I updated my motherboard (X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming) bios from F2 to F62 for the 5700X processor support, bios was appearing fine for more than a week with the F62 bios update with the old components.

I tried re-installing the GPU drivers using AMD cleanup utility, the utility booted into safe mode to uninstall the drives and everything became green like this, even after loading screen. Then the uninstall finished and pc got booted normally with everything still green. I started to install the drivers again and halfway through the installation the screen flashed and became normal again. So I guess the issue is when pc is booting up the drivers aren't running so that's causing some issues. What could be the exact issue?

Windows version is Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2, build 19045.3516. Is it safe to keep using my pc or should I just be safe and shut it down until I can find a solution?

Sachin J28

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2015
how did you connect the monitor?

try a different video cable
try a different monitor

try BIOS version F64e

Connected using HDMI cable, will try a different HDMI cable. Will try other methods too, but gigabyte bios versions ending with letters are beta, isn't it risky to try beta versions of bios?

Last edited:

PhysX_HW

Distinguished
I think the GPU is outputting a signal in the YCbCr colour space until Windows loads the proper drivers for it and your monitor can't quite comprehend that.

There is nothing wrong with it, other than the fact that it understandably bothers you. Nothing is faulty or broken, I mean. Just a configuration or handshake issue between the monitor and new GPU.

Sachin J28

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2015
I think the GPU is outputting a signal in the YCbCr colour space until Windows loads the proper drivers for it and your monitor can't quite comprehend that.

There is nothing wrong with it, other than the fact that it understandably bothers you. Nothing is faulty or broken, I mean. Just a configuration or handshake issue between the monitor and new GPU.
Will changing the monitor fix it? I am just worried the problem might be more deeper and that it could harm the gpu or mobo or any other component.

Sachin J28

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2015
So I tried a different monitor and had no issues on that and on my monitor (on which I had the issue) when I removed the power cable and reconnected it the green tint/background magically vanished and things were normal. Maybe there are some compatibility issues between the monitor and the upgraded components?