BIOS Boot Sequence Problem

JoshEstep

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Good Afternoon Everyone!

First time posting here I can usually find everything I need with a search but this problem has been going on too long!
So first off, the problem I created was last Saturday when I changed boot info in the bios to boot to usb first so I could run Kali Linux. I believe I turned on Legacy and turned off SecureBoot.
Now I'm unable to boot into windows from my HDD. I'm also unable to access bios or system options.

Things I've tried:
Recovery USB-Startup Repair, Restore to previous build.
I've went in through the recovery usb to launch the cmd prompt, I've tried fixing the MBR with bootrec.exe and I've also tried a suggested fix of using the SFC command. Still no fix.
I can see my Windows files in Linux and can copy and paste them but for some reason I still can't boot into Windows.

PLEASE HELP!

JoshEstep

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
That is the only solution I've found as well but it's on a laptop and I don't have the suggested electric conductivity tool so I'm looking for alternatives.

JoshEstep

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
@Scout_03 -> You aren't helping me here. This is like the first step to any IT problem mine goes way beyond your half answers.

@Multipack -> the way to reset my bios, like I said is using the electric conductivity tool (I DON'T HAVE THIS) I'm looking for an alternative solution. Thanks.

JoshEstep

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Method stated above did not work. My computer still isn't finding my OS or allowing me to access BIOS. I get the screen:
Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 003)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable.
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROME

Hi

Did your laptop come with win 10 or was it an upgrade
If upgrade from 7 usually not difficult to get into bios or

But if upgraded from win 8 then uefi typically has fast startup and quick shutdown set in bios making it difficult to get into uefi setup

Removing all batteries and power to reset cmos setting may take much longer then 15 second or 15 minutes.

I would leave over night to be sure
Assuming there is no cmos coin battery.

They are often soldered to the motherboard or have plastic insulation so may not be obvious

Have you found a service or maintenace manual which will confirm if there is a cmos battery or not

The boot order seems to include pxe network server before the. Hard disk

Regards
Mike Barnes

Solution