[SOLVED] Bios default mode

Lukhino

Reputable
Jul 8, 2020
Hi guys,
can you please help me?

After time to time my bios set up into default mode, after starting PC or after restarting windows? Any help? Why?
I have i7 6700K with MB Z270-Ultra Gaming, i have OC on 4,6Ghz/1,38V.

L.

Solution
Everything is fine, i played games, i used PC to everything. This problem is only when i starting or restarting PC but no always. 4,6Ghz/1.38V/Tepms 70degree, i think isn´t problem with OC, i used stability test in OCCT. My memory is in XMp profile 3200Mhz
Leave your memory at default speed or add 0.02 volts to it and see if that fixes it.

That would be my first thought unstable memory that's why I specifically asked about the memory. You could try running it at 3000 with the same timings and voltage.

Memory can fail on a cold boot but run fine after it warms up a bit.

Lukhino

Reputable
Jul 8, 2020
That board is not really old enough to need a new battery but you can try it.

Most boards will reset itself because of a unstable overclock. 1.38 volts is high just for 4.6.
Are you overclocking your memory?

Everything is fine, i played games, i used PC to everything. This problem is only when i starting or restarting PC but no always. 4,6Ghz/1.38V/Tepms 70degree, i think isn´t problem with OC, i used stability test in OCCT. My memory is in XMp profile 3200Mhz

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Leave your memory at default speed or add 0.02 volts to it and see if that fixes it.

That would be my first thought unstable memory that's why I specifically asked about the memory. You could try running it at 3000 with the same timings and voltage.

Solution

Lukhino

Reputable
Jul 8, 2020

That would be my first thought unstable memory that's why I specifically asked about the memory.

Ok i will try it, But i don´t understand why is this problem only in starting or restarting windows. (after time to time). Why isn't this problem always after the start and restart?

- Would this problem have to happen every time I run a PC every day?

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Ok i will try it, But i don´t understand why is this problem only in starting or restarting windows. (after time to time). Why isn't this problem always after the start and restart?

- Would this problem have to happen every time I run a PC every day?
Not really it could be right on the edge of being stable all the time but fail sometimes.

I would add the 0.02 volts or either try it at 3000 with the same timings and voltage as you had it at 3200.

Lukhino

Reputable
Jul 8, 2020
Not really it could be right on the edge of being stable all the time but fail sometimes.

I would add the 0.02 volts or either try it at 3000 with the same timings and voltage as you had it at 3200.

Ok, how much can i add? I think now is 1.35V with 3200Mhz. Can i change it to 3000Mhz and 1.37V?
Or can i set 3200Mhz with 1.37V?