[SOLVED] BIOS detect new RAM but the SO doesn't boot

Sep 21, 2020
Hi i bought a pair of ADATA (adata 1600w4g11-r) DDR3L of 4gb to upgrade my ASUS k52jc to the max of it's capacity (8gb). I know that my PC works at 1066MHz and this modules are of 1600MHz but i did some research and in the forums they all said that the clock will adapt to the limit of the mobo so i don't know if its has something to do whit the issue. This rams run at 1.35V and my laptop run at 1.5 but i read that ddr3L are dual voltaje modules so i supuse that there's no problem about it. So.. i bought them and put it in the laptop and see if the bios recognices it, turn out it's does but when i want to run the system it's doesn't boot it just freezes and restar over and over again, even the setup of W10 in a USB Pendrive does not boot. I tried with the old rams and it boots without a problem. I tried the rams in a friend's notebook (MSI GE62) and they work fine, so i think my system is incompatible or what do you think? The full specs of my laptop: Intel core i3 370M, Nvidia Geforce 310M, 2x2Gb DDR3 (I tried to upgrade to 2x4gb) Intel® HM55 Express Chipset, SSD 240gb Sata III, 500Gb 5400rpm Sata II. For more details about the laptop here's the link to asus website https://www.asus.com/Laptops/K52JC/specifications/ Sorry about my english i hope it's understandable

Solution
Hi i bought a pair of ADATA (adata 1600w4g11-r) DDR3L of 4gb to upgrade my ASUS k52jc to the max of it's capacity (8gb). I know that my PC works at 1066MHz and this modules are of 1600MHz but i did some research and in the forums they all said that the clock will adapt to the limit of the mobo so i don't know if its has something to do whit the issue. This rams run at 1.35V and my laptop run at 1.5 but i read that ddr3L are dual voltaje modules so i supuse that there's no problem about it. So.. i bought them and put it in the laptop and see if the bios recognices it, turn out it's does but when i want to run the system it's doesn't boot it just freezes and restar over and over again, even the setup of W10 in a USB Pendrive does not...

kanewolf

Titan
Hi i bought a pair of ADATA (adata 1600w4g11-r) DDR3L of 4gb to upgrade my ASUS k52jc to the max of it's capacity (8gb). I know that my PC works at 1066MHz and this modules are of 1600MHz but i did some research and in the forums they all said that the clock will adapt to the limit of the mobo so i don't know if its has something to do whit the issue. This rams run at 1.35V and my laptop run at 1.5 but i read that ddr3L are dual voltaje modules so i supuse that there's no problem about it. So.. i bought them and put it in the laptop and see if the bios recognices it, turn out it's does but when i want to run the system it's doesn't boot it just freezes and restar over and over again, even the setup of W10 in a USB Pendrive does not boot. I tried with the old rams and it boots without a problem. I tried the rams in a friend's notebook (MSI GE62) and they work fine, so i think my system is incompatible or what do you think? The full specs of my laptop: Intel core i3 370M, Nvidia Geforce 310M, 2x2Gb DDR3 (I tried to upgrade to 2x4gb) Intel® HM55 Express Chipset, SSD 240gb Sata III, 500Gb 5400rpm Sata II. For more details about the laptop here's the link to asus website https://www.asus.com/Laptops/K52JC/specifications/ Sorry about my english i hope it's understandable
I believe your problem is the DDR3L -- The L stands for low voltage. The specs for that RAM -- https://www.adata.com/us/specification/228 Don't say anything about it supporting 1.5 V.

Solution