Question Bios do not find windows after bios update+ new CPU

Jan 18, 2023
b450 pro gaming
7 5800x3d

i updated my bios and installed my prosessor in it. followed directions but this pc cannot progress after starting pc. its trows force restarts. and try atomatic fixes. pc working fine when i swap back old 5 3600 ryz. i managed to get it working ones. but i had to switch my cooler between because heats where over 70. and after that i could not re create that event.

Jan 18, 2023
ram is fine. I can go in bios and tweek things there. but after but thats farest where i can go.. In bios i can see all interiors . CPU motherboard full memory capacity. etc. and i have been trying to fixing it by switching between raid and ahci & UEFI and legacy but it seems that it wont switch any outcome....

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
Were you using fTPM and secure boot (ie. Windows 10 was installed with fTPM enabled and UEFI mode, or the same with 11)?

That might be it, but there's a huge catch. If you disable secure boot, you can't re-enable it again easily, it might require either a full reinstall, or what's close to it, a restore to factory state: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/w...desktop/disabling-secure-boot?view=windows-11

It sucks, but there's a reason I use a separate TPM module, as expensive as they were and as much as a pain as they are.