Question Bios doesn't support overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2023
Hello, I try to overclock my Laptop's RAM, but my BIOS doesn't have any options for overclocking.

I've found a video with my bios version walkthrough

Could you tell me please is there any chance to update my RAM frequency? I tried just to place two crucial RAM sticks 32GB each, but the laptop didn't boot up, and I can't find any options to overclock my laptop in BIOS.
I would like to try to flash my BIOS if it's needed and would appreciate any advice on what articles to read.

My laptop is Asus Rog Strix G16 G614JU-ES94, it goes with 16GB DDR5-4800 by default.

Oct 29, 2023
The processor in your laptop is the 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13980HX Processor. It is an unlocked processor but the system board may not support overclocking hence the option not being present in BIOS.

EDIT #1:
Also what @ex_bubblehead said.
Understood. My RAM sticks indicate they support various frequencies: 5600/5200/4800. However, I'm unsure how to set them to 4800 so my laptop can boot up. Could the issue be related to the amount of RAM? If so, I might purchase two identical Crucial sticks, each 16GB.
I bought these RAM sticks https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BLTDTD86?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

You're missing the point. Laptops, generally, aren't designed for OCing and upgrading like Desktop computers are. Yes, you can upgrade the memory and hard drive or SSD but that is typically it.

It's why there isn't really a market for what is considered white-box laptops where you can buy them and spec them out however you feel (granted there are a few but they are not cheap). There are certain operating requirements and conditions when it comes to different laptop specifications.

As for upgrading the memory in your current machine, it depends on the amount of memory you got when you purchased (which in this case looks to be either 16Gb (2x8Gb) or 32Gb (2x16Gb)), which the latter would put you at the spec limit for the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.