BIOS Flash bootable CD not booting

ls1

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
Hello, I'm trying to Flash the BIOS on my Abit IP35 Pro. I downloaded the zip file from here: ftp://91.121.194.115/pub/download/bios/ip35pro/ (the last one on the list for 10/7/2013). Then, I extracted all those files. There were 4 files in there: ABITFAE.BAT, AWDFLASH.EXE, M629B_18.bin, and RUNME.BAT.

I then downloaded PowerISO, took all 4 of those files and made them into a combined .ISO file. I then used PowerISO to burn that .ISO onto a disk for the purpose of booting off of it.

So I tried that, changed the boot order to boot from CDROM... and it's not reading it or doing anything, there is a boot error, it's not recognizing it or something. So I took the same .ISO and burned it onto a bootable USB Thumb Drive. Then, changed the boot order to boot from the USB drives. Same outcome.. nothing.

Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong? Was I supposed to combine all 4 of those files into an .ISO, or only the .exe or .bat ones? Thanks!

Solution
Are you sure that you are supposed to boot with those four files. Boot into BIOS and there is usually an option to flash from there and then to select a USB drive or in your case maybe a disk drive with the BIOS files.

ls1

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
Hey thanks guys, I got it to work. It turns out it wasn't booting because there were some abnormal changes I had to make in BIOS for it to be able to recognize the thumb drive and boot from that. BIOS if flashed, thanks!