BIOS for Beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Are you not sure how to tune up your BIOS, or how to get starting with overclocking your PC? Here is a step-by-step guide to setting BIOS parameters, using a popular Asus motherboard as an example.

BIOS for Beginners : Read more

wguru

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Not sure I'll find THG detailing how a user can change the boot drive to a plugnplay usb optical drive, so if needed, I can use my recovery disk to boot because I junked my laptop's onboard optical drive and am using a high end Windows compatable optical drive now and the Bios is still set to boot from it. But I'll keep drilling.

G

Hello. I was wondering if you could help me. I loved your well described article. You are the first person I have seen online to acknowledge that the power management contained in the software does not mesh well with the hardware. So, I am trying to change my ACPI Settings in the the bios. I want to try switching it to S1 mode. I have Windows 7 and it will not wake up. Problem is I can't find the power settings in my bios. I have a dv9000 and not sure what button to push when I turn the laptop on. If anyone could help me out it would much appreciated. This problem is driving me crazy. Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.