[SOLVED] Bios Hell!

Apr 22, 2020
I have a ASUS Prime X570 Pro Motherboard and I upgraded the bios from ver 1005 to ver 1407 (I chose the internet upgrade option to flash the Bios Update) and now my PC will not Boot. It see's my Force NVME m.2 drive but its not listed under bootable drives also my Corsair DDR4 16x2MB 3200MHz ram only is showing up as 2133MHz under DRAM Status. I've tried several times whats needed to be done to have it recognize the RAM properly at the 3200MHz, but it will not.

I have also tried using a Windows 10 bootable memory stick, to reinstall Windows 10 Pro. If I try under "Upgrade: Install Windows and keep files, settings, and applications". (it says The Upgrade Option isn't available)

If I try under "Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) It shows Drive 0 Partition 1 (Total Size) 579.0 MB Partition (Free Space) 574.0mb System "Windows can't be installed on drive 0 partition 1"

also shown is Drive 0 Partition 2 - (Total Size) 930.9GB (Free Space) 930.8GB Primary "Windows can't be installed on Drive 0 Partition 2"

Both it gives the reason "Windows can't be installed to this disk. The selected disk has and MBR partition table. On EFI Systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks. Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS.

Note* there were 3 other Bios Upgrade ver between 1005 and ver 1047 . There were notes stating that they should be installed first!

Does anyone have any Ideas why all of this happened from a bios update and what I can to correct this issue?

Thanks
wguerro

My System

ASUS Prime X570 Pro Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core
MSI 2060 RTX GPU
Corsair DDR4 16x2mb 3200 MHz
Force 1gb NVME M.2 drive (Windows 10 Pro was on this drive as the Boot Drive) No other drive was installed on this PC I was using external drive for Storage.

Solution
This:

"Note* there were 3 other Bios Upgrade ver between 1005 and ver 1047 . There were notes stating that they should be installed first!"

From your post I understand that you went directly from 1005 to 1047 - correct?

If so, that is probably the "why".

Recovery - start here:

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1012219/

Look for additional information specific to your X570 Pro Motherboard.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"Note* there were 3 other Bios Upgrade ver between 1005 and ver 1047 . There were notes stating that they should be installed first!"

From your post I understand that you went directly from 1005 to 1047 - correct?

If so, that is probably the "why".

Recovery - start here:

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1012219/

Look for additional information specific to your X570 Pro Motherboard.

Solution
Apr 22, 2020
Thanks. I did go back and install each of the other upgrades. For some reason it wiped out my ssd Boot drive. I had to re install windows. Luckily i had just recently built this PS and there wasn't much on it, because it's only for Video editing and Livestreaming!

Thanks