Question bios keeps booting with the wrong drive

Feb 28, 2023
I just recently reinstalled windows to switch my main drive from an ssd to an nvme m.2. now every time i boot up my pc it defaults to my ssd as the boot drive even tho my systems on the nvme drive. the only way i can seem to fix this is by unplugging my ssd and then booting it. it does recognize that my nvme is connected but it still wants to boot with the ssd

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're advised to clear your older drive off of the OS with the installer while you reach the part where you install the OS onto. Here you format the drive that previously had the OS, then power down, disconnect the older OS drive and with the drive you want to install the OS on being the only storage drive connected to system, you power up and then install the OS.

From what you've described it's as though you had both the old and new drives in your system during OS install.

Just to be clear, both are SSD's, one being an NVMe drive while the other I'm assuming is a SATA based SSD.

Feb 28, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're advised to clear your older drive off of the OS with the installer while you reach the part where you install the OS onto. Here you format the drive that previously had the OS, then power down, disconnect the older OS drive and with the drive you want to install the OS on being the only storage drive connected to system, you power up and then install the OS.

From what you've described it's as though you had both the old and new drives in your system during OS install.

Just to be clear, both are SSD's, one being an NVMe drive while the other I'm assuming is a SATA based SSD.
so is there anything i can do now to fix it so i dont have to reinstall windows again?