Question BIOS logo shows up twice

jrglol

Reputable
Jun 27, 2017
Ok, so, I did return my motherboard for a warranty claim as well as my CPU, as it wouldnt post (i didnt have any other parts to verify what part crapped out). they said they replaced both the motherboard and CPU, which was nice of them. The first motherboard never had this issue, but the 2nd one had this problem since day 1. When I power up my PC, the BIOS logo shows up once, then goes to the GRUB. But if I wanted to go into the BIOS, the logo would show up twice before entering. The board was claimed in Oct 2019 and I never really got around it. It was only when I updated my BIOS, every time I boot my PC, itll show the BIOS logo twice before showing the GRUB. The double logo when entering the BIOS is also still there. Ive tried disabling the BIOS splash screen or whatever in the BIOS to see if there were any errors. and surprise, surprise, everything is normal, no errors whatsoever. Ive tried looking around google for answers but found nothing that'll work. So if you have any idea at all to fix this, please let me know.

PC specs:
R3 2200G (stock speed)
Asus B450M-K (bios ver.2006, previously ver.1820)
Kingston 8GB 3200Mhz
Gigabyte GTX1650
Kingston SSD w/ Mint 19.3 Cinnamon
HDD w/ win10

jrglol

Reputable
Jun 27, 2017
In BIOS find and disable 'Option ROM messages'
I cleared the CMOS. wouldn't boot, so I left it off for about 10 min. then it finally booted, so everything is at factory default. Option ROM was set to 'Force BIOS'. There are only 2 options, 'Force BIOS' and 'Keep current'. So which one do I select?

edit: I downgraded my BIOS to ver.1823 as sometimes it wouldn't go pass the splash screen, or it would stay there for a very long time.

edit2: ver.1823 didnt clear the problem, it stays on the splash screen for like 15-20 sec before entering the GRUB. Fastboot is enabled with a 1 sec delay. Now i dont know wtf is going on anymore..

Last edited: