[SOLVED] bios not detecting 970 evo

alfiee

Commendable
Jul 23, 2018
My 970 evo ssd which I am trying to install windows on is not being detected by my bios
I have the asrock b450 pro4 which supports M key
it says pci4 will be blocked but I'm not using that one
I do have other ssds but they currently arent connected

Solution
Is the SSD populating the M.2_1 slot or the M.2_2 slot? I would also ask you to look into which BIOS version you're currently on. If there are any BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest version. Speaking of version, what processor are you working with?

Also, you should have all other storage devices disconnected while installing the OS onto the SSD.

Lutfij

Titan
Is the SSD populating the M.2_1 slot or the M.2_2 slot? I would also ask you to look into which BIOS version you're currently on. If there are any BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest version. Speaking of version, what processor are you working with?

Also, you should have all other storage devices disconnected while installing the OS onto the SSD.

Solution

alfiee

Commendable
Jul 23, 2018

3.5 idk if i should update further since on 3.6 it says this https://prnt.sc/vw1oc7
its installed on m.2_1 I didn't even notice the m.2_2

my cpu is ryzen 5 2600

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS