[SOLVED] Bios not installing windows

Dec 31, 2018
MSI z390 gaming plus. My pc posts, but when Im trying to install windows 10 it would briefly show the windows 10 logo then reset itself, then start up again and do the same thing

Solution
Dec 31, 2018

This is my parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XFbdP3
My usb drive that I have will show up, in the BIOS, but when I try to boot from it, the Windows Logo would briefly appear, than the monitor would stop displaying and restart the process.

I'm assuming that you are using the SSD as the system drive. Did you initialize the drive and partition it? Also did you change the SATA mode to ACHI? Without initializing the drive the BIOS may not find the drive to load the operating system.

So try setting SATA to ACHI mode in the BIOS. And initialize the SSD drive and give it a letter. Then select NTFS file system and GPT partition.

And then try the Windows 10 install again.

Dec 31, 2018

I'm not able to get to the start menu in windows in order to do those things, but my SSD has windows on it from a previous motherboard. I've tried resetting the CMOS and it still gives me the same problems.

You can change the SATA mode to ACHI in the BIOS. But initializing and partitioning the SSD will need to be done on another system.

Solution