My dudes,

I need help with some RAM related issues. But first, my specs:

- Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 270
- Motherboard: ASRock N68-S3 FX, with BIOS version 1.20
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Information abou the RAMs used in the process:

- MARKVISION 2GB DDR3-1333MHz-CL9 BMD32048M1333C9
- MARKVISION 8GB DDR3-1333MHz-1745K MVD38192MLD-13

So here's my story: I had in my PC two identical RAM sticks of 2GB each and decided to replace them with a single 8GB brand new RAM stick (information about the sticks is listed above). After I installed the 8GB stick, the computer would boot but nothing happened afterward, a classic "seems-like-you-have-no-ram" kind of problem. Then i tried using the 8GB stick accompanied with one of the 2GBs and Windows started normally, the odd part being that Windows would point out that there were 10GB of RAM installed but only 2GB were usable. Confused, I proceeded to check the BIOS and it also said that there were 10GB of RAM installed, informing which socket had which RAM and whatnot.

I'm listing here the exact steps i took til this point:

- Replaced the 2GB sticks with the 8GB one -> couldn't start PC
- Removed the 8GB stick and tried using a single 2GB one -> Windows started normally and everything worked fine
- Placed the 8GB stick alongside the 2GB one -> Windows started normally and identified 10GB of RAM but only 2GB that were usable; BIOS also identified the 10GB, but was on single channel mode
- Reinstalled BIOS with the most recent version -> problem persisted

So the point of all this is for me to be able to use this prick of a 8GB RAM stick alone, without the 2GB one. Please let me know if I'm failing to provide you guys with some crucial info.

See ya.

Jan 16, 2019

I only did put the 2GB stick for testing. My objective is to use the 8GB stick alone, but for now I can't because it won't boot my PC properly.