[SOLVED] BIOS resets to default after PC power is swiched off ?

Oct 15, 2021
Rog strix B350-F gaming Motherboard
amd ryzen 3600x cpu
2x 8gb hyperx gskill ram
amd rx 590 gpu
480gb m.2
120gb ssd
2tb hdd
cooler master 450 watt psu

So the problem is that, whenever i try to start my pc after it was shutdown and the power outlet was switched off, a post message appears asking me to press F11.
I do so, and bios settings appear in front of me, if I meddle anything, the pc doesn't start and goes in a loop. So, I change nothing and exit, the pc then restarts and everything is normal.

But if i shut down and keep the power on, no errors occur while turning it on and the pc starts normally.

Last edited:
Solution
amd ryzen 3600x cpu
2x 8gb hyperx gskill ram
amd rx 590 gpu
480gb m.2
120gb ssd
2tb hdd

So the problem is that, whenever i try to start my pc after it was shutdown and the power outlet was switched off, a post message appears asking me to press F11. (pic attached)
I do so, and bios settings appear in front of me, if I meddle anything, the pc doesn't start and goes in a loop. So, I change nothing and exit, the pc then restarts and everything is normal.

But if i shut down and keep the power on, no errors occur while turning it on and the pc starts normally.
Does your PC keep the date and time at the time near you? If the CMOS battery is dead, then the date...
Oct 13, 2021
amd ryzen 3600x cpu
2x 8gb hyperx gskill ram
amd rx 590 gpu
480gb m.2
120gb ssd
2tb hdd

So the problem is that, whenever i try to start my pc after it was shutdown and the power outlet was switched off, a post message appears asking me to press F11. (pic attached)

Does your PC keep the date and time at the time near you? If the CMOS battery is dead, then the date and time would not work. It also would take a lot longer to boot up, so if it takes longer than it normally does to boot as well, then it's your CMOS battery

Reactions: Saqeeb Meraj
Solution
Oct 15, 2021
Does your PC keep the date and time at the time near you? If the CMOS battery is dead, then the date and time would not work. It also would take a lot longer to boot up, so if it takes longer than it normally does to boot as well, then it's your CMOS battery
yes, the date and time changes after every post bios prompt.

Last edited: