Question BIOS Resetting after every boot but system time is fine

Oct 13, 2019
That's pretty much what's happening, I recently bought a Gigabyte X570 gaming x and everytime I oc my RAM after booting it says clear CMOS information your bios has been reset. I realize this is a CMOS issue but in that case System Time should be screwed up but it's not. So is that really a cmos issue?

That's pretty much what's happening, I recently bought a Gigabyte X570 gaming x and everytime I oc my RAM after booting it says clear CMOS information your bios has been reset. I realize this is a CMOS issue but in that case System Time should be screwed up but it's not. So is that really a cmos issue?
To reset time in most new MBs you need to remove the CMOS battery for short time, so yes it could reset CMOS but time is not affected.
When BIOS senses that it can't boot at certain settings it will go to safe mode giving you chance to fix the problem.

Reactions: jishnudesarkar
Oct 13, 2019
To reset time in most new MBs you need to remove the CMOS battery for short time, so yes it could reset CMOS but time is not affected.
When BIOS senses that it can't boot at certain settings it will go to safe mode giving you chance to fix the problem.
Yeah but I'm not OCing my RAM to a crazy level, but it doesn't matter how insignificant the change I make in BIOS after booting it's getting reset except for the time. Should I change my CMOS or is is something else entirely?