Bios Restore CD Question

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Hello,
I got a cicero computer from a buddy with some problems but he
wanted to keep some of his info, instead of just copying it to cd I
partitioned the hard drive and reformatted, and tried to install to
windows me that came with the computer. The computer crashes, in the
last stages of installing me and will not reboot, no post. I can get
to reformating c: after removing the battery and flashing the bios.

Not knowing there was a restore cd that came with the computer. I
believe I wiped the restore infomation when I partitioned the
harddrive. If I get delete the partition will the restore cd work? Is
there another solution? Would I be able to get this info from some
other soure?

Thank-you
Chris

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

"Chris" <nascar2002@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I got a cicero computer from a buddy with some problems but he
> wanted to keep some of his info, instead of just copying it to cd I
> partitioned the hard drive and reformatted, and tried to install to
> windows me that came with the computer. The computer crashes, in the
> last stages of installing me and will not reboot, no post. I can get
> to reformating c: after removing the battery and flashing the bios.
>
> Not knowing there was a restore cd that came with the computer. I
> believe I wiped the restore infomation when I partitioned the
> harddrive. If I get delete the partition will the restore cd work? Is
> there another solution? Would I be able to get this info from some
> other soure?
>
> Thank-you
> Chris

Chris,

If the restore process starts, you did not delete any "restore" info when
you partionied the hard drive. The process called TATTOO is usally for
europena PB any way. It sounds mor like there is someting screwed up with
the rstore process such as a bad restore CD, or added hardware that is
messing up the restore process.

My advise would be to dump the restore CD/WIN ME (the BIG FAT PIG) and get a
real copy of 98SE. If you do install 98SE I wold also recomend using
98Lite ( http://www.litepc.com/ ) they have a free version.

But if you are set in install WIM ME try removing all hardware ( printers,
sound card, modem, NIC, ect...) and just try getting it going with only the
hard drive, CD drive, and video card installed.

Good luck,
Anthony