[SOLVED] BIOS Time too long.

Oct 12, 2019
I have a problem with my computer! After pressing the power button it goes black screen for about 20-30 seconds , then the "AsRock" logo and then it boots to Windows very fast. Why?

Specs:
CPU : Ryzen 5 1400
GPU : 1050ti
RAM : 12gb DDR4 2133MHZ
SSD : 240gb Kingston (new)
HDD : 1000gb Seagate Barracuda
MB : ASRock A320M-DGS

Solution
TBH that doesnt seem too abnormal, unfortunately.

AMD boards take awhile to post. My B350 board + SSD takes around 30 seconds to get to Windows.

I have gotten 22 seconds when trying to see how fast it would go. That was with fresh Windows 10 with basically everything disabled and 1 stick of ram.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
have you set the bios to fast boot ?

Another problem that gives rise so such a strange problem, is incompatible ram, as this forces the bios to do many retries recognizing the ram, resulting in long boot times.

I urge you check your mobo ram QVL list found on Asrock support download site.
Use your specific mobo type as entry to the site, then download the QVL pdf list.

The ram type as printed on the ram module, must match exactly the type no in the list.
No fuzz with "nearly the same", it really must be spot on, no excuses are valid.
Otherwise you have a problem.

Oct 12, 2019
have you set the bios to fast boot ?

Another problem that gives rise so such a strange problem, is incompatible ram, as this forces the bios to do many retries recognizing the ram, resulting in long boot times.

I urge you check your mobo ram QVL list found on Asrock support download site.
Use your specific mobo type as entry to the site, then download the QVL pdf list.

The ram type as printed on the ram module, must match exactly the type no in the list.
No fuzz with "nearly the same", it really must be spot on, no excuses are valid.
Otherwise you have a problem.
I have already enabled fast boot , my ram is compatible (i tried another ram than my default ones) . But the strange part is that I arranged a bit my cables from my case and it was 10 seconds faster (from 30 to 20 ) but now I cannot do anything to improve the time...

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Hmm...hmm..
You've got a good one there.

You have tried all connectors are secured ?
Try set your bios to default (optimum/factory) setting, remember to click save, then reboot.

Oct 12, 2019
Hmm...hmm..
You've got a good one there.

You have tried all connectors are secured ?
Try set your bios to default (optimum/factory) setting, remember to click save, then reboot.
Yep , everything is fine. It was booting in max. 7 seconds before , and I set my bios settings to default , I even removed and mount again the battery and still nothing.

12 GB of RAM? how many slots are populated? is this a pair of 4's , then one more single stick? (As a side note, single channel RAM access with an odd number of modules will not help in your system speeds)

Not all MB's post quickly....it's possible your results might be slightly different with a different GPU as well, as some mixtures take longer than others.

Oct 12, 2019
12 GB of RAM? how many slots are populated? is this a pair of 4's , then one more single stick? (As a side note, single channel RAM access with an odd number of modules will not help in your system speeds)

Not all MB's post quickly....it's possible your results might be slightly different with a different GPU as well, as some mixtures take longer than others.
I have 1 with 4 GB and 1 with 8 GB , i tried to put 2's with 4 GB (exactly the same) and still nothing different. I have 2 slots.

TBH that doesnt seem too abnormal, unfortunately.

AMD boards take awhile to post. My B350 board + SSD takes around 30 seconds to get to Windows.

I have gotten 22 seconds when trying to see how fast it would go. That was with fresh Windows 10 with basically everything disabled and 1 stick of ram.

Solution

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Any chance a hard select of devices and features in bios would minimize the bios auto search of the board environment?

I really find this boot time unacceptable long too, especially as this board is not that very old generation.
This is like my old 2006 mobos I have in my old PC's

The SSD is responsible for the very fast Windows boot, no surprises there.