Bios to recognize raid system

mark

P4C800-E Deluxe board. I have updated my bios so I could boot after the SP2.
I have a couple of S-ATA WD Hard Drives set up with the promise raid
controller. I also have an external hard drive (omega) on a USB channel.
When I boot, I go through all the normal functions except the computer will
not
start up as long as the external hard drive is plugged in. If I unplugged
the external hard drive, the machine will boot to windows normally. If I
leave it plugged in, a message comes up, "invalid system disk". Replace and
reboot.

When I go into the bios set-up, on the main menu, the hard drives are not
recognized. And in the Boot priority, the hard drive array is not an option.

Can anyone let me know what the settings are suppose to be so the computer
will boot to windows with the external hard drive plugged in?

MUCH APPRECIATED !!

Mark

Hi,

Had the same problem but solved it by switching the USB disk on AFTER the
system boots. Seems it always tries to boot from any disk connected to any
USB port first.

"Mark" <tgflag@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> P4C800-E Deluxe board. I have updated my bios so I could boot after the
> SP2.
> I have a couple of S-ATA WD Hard Drives set up with the promise raid
> controller. I also have an external hard drive (omega) on a USB channel.
> When I boot, I go through all the normal functions except the computer
> will
> not
> start up as long as the external hard drive is plugged in. If I unplugged
> the external hard drive, the machine will boot to windows normally. If I
> leave it plugged in, a message comes up, "invalid system disk". Replace
> and
> reboot.
>
> When I go into the bios set-up, on the main menu, the hard drives are not
> recognized. And in the Boot priority, the hard drive array is not an
> option.
>
> Can anyone let me know what the settings are suppose to be so the computer
> will boot to windows with the external hard drive plugged in?
>
> MUCH APPRECIATED !!
>
> Mark

mark

Yes, Harald I am doing the same thing. Seems it wasn't a problem until I
reflashed and updated the bios for SP2. I have since blown out SP2, but have
kept the newest bios update. Worked fine before, but your right. When I
unplugged the external USB hard drive, it booted normally. What a hassle.

Thanks for your input...............

Mark