Question BIOS Update | File not appearing in MFlash

sootngiz

Reputable
Apr 18, 2020
Hello, I am trying to upgrade my bios.
I have tried several BIOS files from here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/A320M-PRO-VD-S/support
Nothing at all was showing up in the M Flash.

Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VD/S (MS-7A36)
USB: 8GB FAT32 - and yes, only the bios files were on it and extracted properly
(I also tried 2 USBs)
Current BIOS version: E7A36AMS.2L3

Here's a little background that might be needed:

My PC is prebuilt, got it 4 years ago - don't have contact with the builder
An old friend of mine who I no longer have contact with helped me flash my bios before, I was told by several people that my BIOS may have been modified by the system builder but he managed to do it for me.
So I don't remember/ have any idea what he did but he flashed my bios for me. The old BIOS version number before my friend did anything to my bios was: E7A36AU6.2CA

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
As opposed to jumping to the latest BIOS version from your current, I'd advise on gradually working your way to the latest, Beta BIOS;
7A36v2D>7A36v2E>7A36v2F>7A36v2G>7A36v2H>7A36v2L3(beta)
taking note of all the steps that needs to be done prior to moving onto the next BIOS update, e.g; updating chipset drivers after BIOS version 7A36v2D. Here is the support page for your motherboard.

Could you state how you formatted the USB drive? If it's n FAT32 format, it should still show up. If not, try and format the drive in NTFS format and then have the BIOS files on said drive, then see if M-Flash sees the BIOS files.