Question BIOS Update problem.

Jan 16, 2020
Hello !

I have recently built a new rig, and I tried to update my BIOS to the latest version, but when I do that, my PC just won't start, infinite loading.

My motherboard: https://www.gigabyte.com/fr/Motherboard/X570-UD-rev-10#kf

I tried version F11, F10 and switch back to the F1 Version with seem to work just fine.

Any ideas why I can't update to the latest version of my BIOS ?

Thank you for your help!

Full spec if you need it.

"AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (3.8 GHz)

MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO, 8 Go

Gigabyte X570 UD

Samsung Série 860 EVO, 250 Go, SATA III

DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, Blanc, 16 Go (2 x 8 Go), 3000 MHz, CAS 15"

my_pc_build

Great
Nov 17, 2019
Have you checked your usb drive (assuming your using that) integrity? correct format (fat 32?)?
Are you going through the updates in order f1 -> f2 -> ... etc?
Are you using Q flash (probably safer than @bios)?
Good luck

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Go back to the vendor website. Read the bios notes. Many times you have to stagger bios updates, adding updates in a series, that may include additional drivers.

Basically (for example only) , you have F1, you'll need to update the chipset drivers to V.2, then bios to F4, chipset drivers to V.2.1, bios to F7, chipset to V.3.0 finally bios to F10, bios to F11.

Updates like that are becoming frequently more common as bios chips are only so big and can't include all the 1st, 2nd, 3rd Gen info and fixes, so needs just the fixed versions and not the fixing info too.

If you skip that and just run the latest version, none of the fixed info gets included, as it's assumed to be already there, so you end up with an F1 bios that's got some F11 updates, but missing everything that got changed in F4 and F7.

Bunk.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran