[SOLVED] Bios update

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
Getting new cpu.
Hello again. I just checked and it is recommended to update to chipset driver 18.50.16 before updating to bios 4602. Its not the latest version but its when they started supporting R5 3600 etc. I have had issues finding the correct way of updating my chipset since there are a lot of files in it. Now... I also heard that there is a chance you could brick your motherboard if you don't update it one by one and go straight for the latest version. Would that be true?

Best Regards, Nonkii

Wolfshadw

Titan
I've never heard of such a thing. If it doesn't specifically state that you need to upgrade the drivers one version at a time or one version prior to another, on the download page, then I wouldn't put any faith in anything or anyone that says differently.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Nonkii

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
I've never heard of such a thing. If it doesn't specifically state that you need to upgrade the drivers one version at a time or one version prior to another, on the download page, then I wouldn't put any faith in anything or anyone that says differently.

-Wolf sends
Thank you very much. I was also asking questions through reddit in the "amd" section. Thanks and have a wonderful day!