BIOS Voltage Questions

TheMasti

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
Hi

Been looking into undervolting my 8700k for some time now, and I'm trying to figure out what to do, and what I shouldn't do.

I've tried undervolting through XTU and works fine with -0.130V.
My "default" voltage seems to be 1.414V~ (My VID's maximum seems to be that, and it adds up by the -0.130 when looking at my current max VCore. If that's even how it works, that's also why I'm asking)

When I read other peoples' posts, they seem to get their CPU's down to 1.250V~ just by disabling MCE (Which I've already done)
I've also changed SVID to 'Best Case Scenario'

Another thing; when I'm in the BIOS and look at the CPU Voltage, it says something like; 1.134V, CPU-Z says the same thing when running a cinebench test. While HWMonitor and HWINFO says VCore reaches 1.248V (That's with my XTU Undervolt active)
People says that's how you find your default voltage, but that doesn't seem to be the case with my CPU / Motherboard (8700k + Z370-E running 0616)

Anyone got some ideas?

TheMasti

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
I looked more into the different Vcore readings; Apparently HWMonitor and HWINFO shows 1.3V+ while CPU-Z Shows 1.280V (Without the undervolt) while doing a Cinebench test.

Is CPU-Z Accurate?
When in the BIOS, should the CPU get 1.280V too? Or should it be lower, because mine is.