Bios won't show when I press del, if I don't PC boots normally.

SlimeMaster

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
Once I boot my pc, if I want to access the BIOS, I press del. If I do press del my monitor doesn't recognize a signal and won't display anything. If I don't press anything, the monitor recognizes a signal and displays the mobo splash screen. Then windows starts and everything boots normally. I'm thinking that it's a problem w/ my GPU, but I don't have a spare one. Help

Solution
1. Is "DEL" the key to hit to enter bios on your motherboard? Try F2, F1, F11 as alternatives.
2. I think numlock has to be on for booting; try setting numlock on yourself.
3. When trying to enter the bios, keep tapping the keyboard repeatedly starting as soon as you power on the pc.

ragnar-gd

Reputable
No, that is not necessarily the case, your GPU may be in perfect health.
Tell me, (a) to which port your Monitor is connected, and (b) which ports your GPU also has, and (c) which your monitor has.
Sometimes BIOS works only in a good way in certain combos. I have that problem as well.

SlimeMaster

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016

My monitor is connected to my gpu through dvi-d

SlimeMaster

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016

That doesn't seem to work

SlimeMaster

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016

I don't have a VGA cable. My MoBo's model # is GA-F2A68HM-H

ragnar-gd

Reputable
Ok, i just now had a look at the manual of your board.
A simple trick *might* be to hold delete really early after switching on the PC. Honestly, this should not be the trick working here, but to try this is for free...
Disable Fastboot, as this indeed can get into the way.
What GPU do you have? Only interesting thing is, if you have a R7 200 type.

SlimeMaster

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
I disabled fastboot and held del right after the PC booted same issue still occurs. My GPU is a GTX 950

ragnar-gd

Reputable
Very strange.
Ok, next attempt.
Yes, the fact that you only see nothing might hint at your GPU, but, frankly, as you said yourself, it is well be able to show POST data, so it should technicaly be able to show BIOS.
It is possible, though, that the BIOS is graphical (UEFI), and shows a resolution that your GPU can't display together with your monitor. Unlikely, but technically possible.
Do you have a way to connect your mobo directly to your monitor (i.e. do you have a HDMI-cable somewhere?).
If yes, there is the option to connect the monitor the mobo, and see, if something shows up. A variant of this method includes removing the GPU for that cause, if nothing shows up again after connecting themonitor directly to the mobo, but i would not start with that.
If you get into bios (that way) you migth want to experiment with the settings that dictate which GPU (onboard-add-on) is selected first.

SlimeMaster

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016

I can connect directly to my MoBo, but it's not going to help cause my CPU doesn't have onboard graphics.

ragnar-gd

Reputable
My fault, i thought of an Ax-CPU. Jumping to conclusions cause of Socket FM2+... Sorry...
Question: What is the native resolution of your momentary monitor?
Do you have an alternative at home, like, i.e., a television with HDMI?

SlimeMaster

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016

1920x1080p 60hz. I have an HDMI TV.

ragnar-gd

Reputable
Ok, absolutely *the* standard, so an incompatibility is very unlikely. The TV will have the same resolution.
You can try your TV via HDMI, but i doubt it will impove the situation...
Sorry, at the moment i'm out of ideas.

1. Is "DEL" the key to hit to enter bios on your motherboard? Try F2, F1, F11 as alternatives.
2. I think numlock has to be on for booting; try setting numlock on yourself.
3. When trying to enter the bios, keep tapping the keyboard repeatedly starting as soon as you power on the pc.

Solution