BioShock 2 PC Has Widescreen Bug; Fix Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakthebomb

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
the game also has a delayed Plasmid use bug where if you right click to fire, it takes a good 1 second to respond. it felt like Bioshock original was more responsive to firing than bioshock 2.

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Hey now, I've been playing at 1920 / 1200 for two days now and I'm on the third or fourth part of the city at this point.. I haven't had any issue's like this so far or a mouse button latency bug for that matter. I have a Quad @ 4.2GHZ and that might be helping along with the 5870 but still, no issues here.

Wait there is one, when you go in to the gene swapping station where you can move the plasmids around, the screen graphics flicker all funky and screwed up once you go in to the second part of the screen where you select what Plasmid to equip in a given slot.. That's definitely a bug that I've noticed.

amabhy

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
What the fuck?

From the picture, it looks like they cut down the 4:3 image and left the widescreen ones the same.

You're supposed to make widescreen bigger so the 4:3 people don't lose out!

Guess I'm not patching my copy.

TheDuke

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
shouldn't testing catch these problems. Especially the ones that were in the previous games. I hear people having issues with sound like the first one also

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Holy shit, yes it does have bugs. I beat it, but half the game I had both graphic and Audio bugs left and right. Sometimes enemies wouldn't make a sound, or I wouldn't, or my gun wouldn't. That, and it had random blackouts. Ugh. I was quite disappointed by that.

Not to mention, the mouse still feels weird as hell, and the wide-screen doesn't make any sense (even after the patch). Technically, shouldn't the 16:9 resolution show more to the sides and 16:10 show more up?

welshmousepk

Distinguished
how about fixing the custom controls. so i don't have to re-map USE to E every goddamn time i launch the game?

and maybe if they are feeling really kind, they can change the in-game prompts to correspond with custom key layouts?

enjoying the game so far, but its got nothing on the original.

sakanagai

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
The first time I fired the game up, it was on my Eyefinity rig (3x1 landscape, 5760x1200) and it was just awful. The amount of vertical cutoff/compression made it unplayable. The pics only show how the fix works with 16:9 and 16:10, but I hope that wider aspects are supported as well. The first game did.

I thought you just ended up in front of judge charged with inappropriately handling company assets, or was that only me. [:mousemonkey]

_scythe_

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
It's unbelievable that Bioshock 2 has the same problem which was in it's predecesor in 2007 and even than it was a BIG embarrassment since widescreen monitors and TVs were common by that time. Actually one of the main features of next-gen consoles is HD resolution. So WTF were they thinking?! Were they testing it on a 20-so years old monochorme 14" monitor?! Weren't there ANYBODY who had a freaking widescreen monitor?
Is Bioshock 2 using the same code (without the patches, or any changes) as Bioshock 1? Is it a sandbox game?

G

What about Xbox 360 controller support???

I KNOW: Kb+mouse is more accurate but I enjoy a lot playing with the gamepad because of the vibration feedback and the movement. Also, all buttons are accessible. On Bioshock you don't need a high level of accuracy like other shooters like Crysis and you can play with a gamepad just fine.

It's a shame that the first game had support for controllers and also the FOV lock.

I think the programmers are very lazy. The game engine IS THE SAME and the controller support, FOV lock and other fixes could be ported to this game.

Shame on you 2K!!!!

r4tb4st4rd

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
Holy shit, yes it does have bugs. I beat it, but half the game I had both graphic and Audio bugs left and right. Sometimes enemies wouldn't make a sound, or I wouldn't, or my gun wouldn't. That, and it had random blackouts. Ugh. I was quite disappointed by that.
I didn't experience any of the problems you are talking about here and I've also beaten the game.

sakanagai

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
[citation][nom]r4tb4st4rd[/nom]I didn't experience any of the problems you are talking about here and I've also beaten the game.[/citation]

I had some texture issues back when I was still fiddling with the resolution, but those went away and have yet to resurface. No audio issues other than lack of EAX options available.

G

Sounds like PC gamers -you know, the gamers who built the whole FPS industry, get screwed yet again.

Be sure to pick it up for 59.99USD, i love when everyone pays almost 100 dollars for a console port. I can tell you I'm not this time around, and playing fps on consoles is just stupid

SVoyager

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004
Correct me if I am wrong but aint 16:9 supposed to be wider than 16:10. In the above picture, they show 4:3, 16:9, 16:10 in order while it should instead be 4:3, 16:10, 16:9? Right?

16:10 is higher and slightly wider than 16:9.

Status
Not open for further replies.