BioShock 2 Release Date Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

coonday

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
The original Bioshock is only 5 dollars on Direct2Drive for those who are still looking to play the first one. Just thought I would throw that out there.

^ That's a pretty good deal. Anyway Bioshock is one game where I think it's worth it to have the boxed version (even with that stupid copy protection) and right now they have the box on newegg with Bioshock and Oblivion (just in case you don't have either) for 27.99. I just like having the physical media for good games, well those that are worth it anyway.

I hope they don't put that lame ass copy protection on Bioshock 2. If they do then I'll probably hold off on it till they also put it on Direct2Drive or it gets cheap enough that I'll buy it anyway.

h83

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
I can´t understand why so many people love this (bad) remake of System Shock 2, specially when SS2 is better...

[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]I hope they don't put that lame ass copy protection on Bioshock 2. If they do then I'll probably hold off on it till they also put it on Direct2Drive or it gets cheap enough that I'll buy it anyway.[/citation]
+1. If they put DRM it's a no go for me. I didn't buy the first one due to this.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]Did not buy the first DRM infected one (PC) why should I give EA money for the second.[/citation]
I didn't buy it either. Though my ISP charges me $40 a month, and I pay a extra tax on all blank media in Canada...
Was a fun game though.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
These two games will get my PC gaming cash.

Dragon Age (RPG) from Bioware who stated the DRM will be disk check only, release date next month.

Then there is the new FPS from Bethesda "Rogue Warrior" who gave use my favorite FPS/RPG of all time, Fallout 3. Bethesda did use SecuRom for Fallout 3 but it did not have limited activations (rent-a-game) and no Internet connection was required to activate or play the game. That is acceptable. If you were smart and stayed away from Microsucks Live market place for expansions and bought them on a disk from a retail store, Bethesda coded the first release to disable the need for a disk in the drive, running the whole game from your HD, it's great and real fast. Thanks Bethesda!

2shea

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
obviously a must have if you liked the dark and damp atmosphere created in part 1.
dragon age hopefully will become the game that will get me back to the heights of fallout3 and oblivion!

G

its about time cant wait but i agreee with all the people about the DRM it would be a damn shame if they ruin it.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
I don't care if Bioshock if $1... with their BS SecuROM with limited installs, spyware/root kit - SCREW Take2 / EA. Even their DEMO had DRM - which caused problems too...

Unless otherwise noted... Another Bioshock game I won't BUY, much less play.

hopiamani

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
I would really like to pre-order but uncertainty about DRM is stopping me.

Good thing I didn't pre-order Batman too. Even the steam version has limited installs...

I'll be picking it up used on ebay for my PS3, I am not giving money to Eidos.

Status
Not open for further replies.