Biostar Intros New PURO Hi-Fi Line of Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Biostar is making motherboards? ...bio toxic pollution ... motherboards :D
Now I wanna see General Motor making some motherboards too... or Better Standard Oil KHTX-HiOctane 2013 motherboard! Maybe DNA motherboards would be cool too...

Yeah... Biostar is a pretty cool name for a motherboard company.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Good to see comparative features between the two processor lines (though the top AMD part gets a DisplayPort, weeee). Still... three x16 slots on a Trinity board seems a little peculiar. I believe those slots operate at 8x/8x/4x when they're all populated, and that they're all PCI-E 2.0.

A backup article:

http://www.techpowerup.com/167379/Biostar-Displays-Hi-Fi-Series-A85-based-Socket-FM2-Motherboards.html

[citation][nom]Dragoon21b[/nom]More FM2 motherboards with nothing to put in them. Like having a car and no gas.[/citation]
I heard that OEMs are getting their APUs this week, though seeing is believing I suppose.

[citation][nom]zingam_duo[/nom]Biostar is making motherboards?[/citation]
They've made them for years.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
For anyone in low end A/V production this may actually be of interest.
You can do sound editing on a regular PC for your youtube video, but anything even approaching broadcast material, i.e. TV spots etc and you will have sound issues on many consumer PCs.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]zingam_duo[/nom]Biostar is making motherboards? ...bio toxic pollution ... motherboards[/citation]
You do realize that Biostar has been around, yes, making motherboards, since 1986! They have been ISO 9001 certified since 1999, so no, it's not a small time player my friend, and no, they don't dump lead into rivers, and they do have various green energy certifications. There are plenty of products on Newegg with perfect 5 egg ratings. Yes, I've owned my share of Biostar mobos and they were all fantastic, and no, I don't have any of them now so I'm not praising them to make myself feel better.

they may have been around long but compared to mobo's made by the likes of asus MSI, gigabyte, etc. they are more of a no name brand that is almost as bad as SOYO

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Unfortunately customers only care about gaming and overclocking so these boards are doomed unless they're really cheap. Heck I haven't seen a recommended build here with a dedicated sound card since... well... that must be long ago.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]silverblue[/nom]Good to see comparative features between the two processor lines (though the top AMD part gets a DisplayPort, weeee). Still... three x16 slots on a Trinity board seems a little peculiar. I believe those slots operate at 8x/8x/4x when they're all populated, and that they're all PCI-E 2.0.A backup article:http://www.techpowerup.com/167379/ [...] oards.htmlI heard that OEMs are getting their APUs this week, though seeing is believing I suppose.They've made them for years.[/citation]
Table shows they are 16x/8x/4x, of course 16x as with any other same configuration drops to 8x when second slot is populated. You can find a lot of MoBos advertised as with 3 16x slots, which is actually PR abuse of fact that all PEG slots have same plastic shield, which is 16x length.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Hetneo[/nom]Table shows they are 16x/8x/4x, of course 16x as with any other same configuration drops to 8x when second slot is populated. You can find a lot of MoBos advertised as with 3 16x slots, which is actually PR abuse of fact that all PEG slots have same plastic shield, which is 16x length.[/citation]
It's normal and all manufacturers do that. Actually even x1 slots work properly with x16 sized cards with the sole difference of the much limited bandwidth.
See:
http://blog.zorinaq.com/?e=42

Status
Not open for further replies.