Biostar Reveals Mining-Focused Radeon RX 470D Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
A bit late to the party. The rush on mining and drop in coin prices mean lots of people aren't ever going to achieve cost parity without being able to sell their old cards.

humorific

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
I keep waiting for someone to to create a mining specific card that uses something other than a PCI-E slot, like SATA or USB 3.1. It would be bandwidth restricted, but, in the case of USB, you could attach many more units and cool them more effectively, externally.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
>RX470

>Relatively weak

Compared to what? A Titan? 470 is enough to run games @1080p with everything but AA pegged. Same as a 960 tbh. Both cards represent the best bang for the buck of last/this year. Till etherium mining took off.

@humorific

They already have adaptors for that. slot it into a pic connection, goes to USB 3 Back to the card

humorific

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
@BULKZERKER
You missed my point. I'm not talking about an adapter that happens to use a usb cable. I have that already. I'm talking about an actual usb device, probably with more memory than a graphics card and running at higher speeds to compensate for the lower bandwidth link.

Status
Not open for further replies.