Question Biostar RX 6600 memory speed cap

Goorath

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016
Hey guyz,
Is there ANY way i can "unlock" the memory speed cap (it is capped at 1900Mhz)?? It is hynix btw.. i think i did similar thing with RX 5600XT in the past but forgot how i did it..
Thanx for any advance

Goorath

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016
That's nothing new for me.. what software would you rexommend for vbios 'upgrade'? I think i had red bios editor and more power tool for that.. do you think it'll work with this GPU?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
That's nothing new for me.. what software would you rexommend for vbios 'upgrade'? I think i had red bios editor and more power tool for that.. do you think it'll work with this GPU?

I think the obvious question first is: how important is this GPU to you? If you brick the GPU, will you simply be annoyed and then shrug it off and buy a new GPU or would it cause a major hardship for you?

Goorath

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016
Brick it? I vbiosed hundreds of RX 460, 470, 480, 550, 560, 570s.. how would you brick an RX 6600 if you just set the memory slider higher? So i could just remove the 1900Mhz limit?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Brick it? I vbiosed hundreds of RX 460, 470, 480, 550, 560, 570s.. how would you brick an RX 6600 if you just set the memory slider higher? So i could just remove the 1900Mhz limit?

If we're starting to talk custom BIOSs, it is a risk.

If you've actually done this with "hundreds" of GPUs, I'm not sure why you'd even need to ask any basic questions, so good luck to you in your quest.

Goorath

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016
If we're starting to talk custom BIOSs, it is a risk.

If you've actually done this with "hundreds" of GPUs, I'm not sure why you'd even need to ask any basic questions, so good luck to you in your quest.
Thanx for nothing then but i thought you understand the difference between RX 470 bios modding and RX 6600 bios modding.. do not bother yourself with answering further, i'll wait for anybody who'll at least try to help, instead of blabbing about obvious stuff..

danyuzunov

Reputable
Jul 27, 2020
Hey guyz,
Is there ANY way i can "unlock" the memory speed cap (it is capped at 1900Mhz)?? It is hynix btw.. i think i did similar thing with RX 5600XT in the past but forgot how i did it..
Thanx for any advance
I don't know if you are gonna be able to really increase the speed of the memory because you have purchased a really bad RX 6600 model. Biostar is one of the worst pc components manufacturers so... Good luck I guess.