Biostar TA790GX A2+ AMD 790GX Socket AM2+/AM2 ATX Motherboard

G

Can anyone tell me how this works for crossfire, or hybride crossfire? I don't know how I can tell, I know it has like a integrated ATI Radeon HD3300 video with 64 MB of side-port memory built into it, would that limit what graphics cards I can use to crossfire in it? basically id like at least 5770 x2 in it, but I don't know if it would work in it?

can anyone shine some light on this for me :)

Thanks.

makwy2

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Can anyone tell me how this works for crossfire, or hybride crossfire? I don't know how I can tell, I know it has like a integrated ATI Radeon HD3300 video with 64 MB of side-port memory built into it, would that limit what graphics cards I can use to crossfire in it? basically id like at least 5770 x2 in it, but I don't know if it would work in it?

can anyone shine some light on this for me :)

Thanks.

Your motherboard has Hybrid CrossFire and CrossFire, as per the tech specs posted by Biostar.

If you plan on using a 5770 or two for that mattter than forget the silly Hybrid CrossFire and just use the graphics cards you put in. Hybrid CF allows you to CrossFire a discrete card with the card that is integrated, because the card you plan on putting in there is waaaaaay above the integrated card this will either not work or will just serve to slow your discrete down to a standstill.

Just plug in the card (or two) and let it override the integrated video card. The motherboard does support CrossFire so your dual setup will work just fine as long as you have a CF Bridge!