Biostar X370GT7 Motherboard Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4fun

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
The only motherboard company I'd absolutely avoid is ECS. Let them supply the crap boards to HP, Dell, e-Machines, Gateway etc. I only bought biostar when I wanted a basic board with no fuss. They must be trying to move up market.

logainofhades

Titan

The ECS K7S5A was a great board, back in the day. They never did repeat that success, sadly.

I have been keeping on eye on Biostar for the last couple years, because they have been doing a lot to adapt to the market and change their image. It's been a struggle for them, because they've always been known for their budget solutions, so often get snubbed by enthusiasts.

It's nice to see their efforts bear some fruit for the mainstream - more competition is never a bad thing.

One nit to pick: "The GT7 also includes Infineon’s PowIRstage IC, which is reported to increase response time within the voltage regulator circuit, reduce regulator temperature, and provide up to 60A of power delivery from each phase."
Increasing response time would not be desirable; did you mean decreasing response time / increasing responsiveness?
Otherwise, it's good to see a brand come back from poor quality. I look forward to the day a CoolerMaster PSU gets a recommendation.

Peter_256

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
Not sure what you consider basic x370 here. usb c included on all x370's? lightning charger ? dual bios? debug led? power on / reset buttons on the motherboard?
led headers? the fan headers? alc1220? better power delivery? (news flash. am4 power delivery isn't usually this good)

then we get to "flair" First you say it has extra flair, then you state it falls short in the flair department. Maybe they needed to add some case stickers, or a lollipop?
or some of the above mentioned features are 'flair' done better or equally well by less expensive competitors?

100c overnight. One word for that. Not Genius... starts with M

Status
Not open for further replies.