BioWare Montreal Halts Single-Player, Story Update For 'Mass Effect: Andromeda'

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil_72

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
EA Kills yet another Franchise. Why do they buy these companies if they just want to destroy the games the companies make.

chuckwells62

Prominent
Aug 21, 2017
EA Games will successfully continue despite living up to their worst propensities, but yes; they played a huge part in killing the Mass Effect franchise. Bioware also should not be allowed to slide off the hook for having even tried to pass off a game that only had a fraction of the talent necessary to make it better involved. They threw most of their weight into making Anthem and it shows. Andromeda has the chops to go the distance, but the multiplayer only model is now carrying the day. Someone will pick up the ball and run with rpg's again, but if DA4 suffers a similar fate, I will reluctantly kills Bioware goodbye?

ledhead11

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
I know this is a bit off topic but it feels pretty obvious that DICE powered games have become the winning horse for EA. I'd say it's only a matter of time until they liquidate any studio's not using it and either migrate franchises or create new ones to continue using it. I'd also say that most of us have seen how badly space exploration games can fail, from no mans to andromeda it's apparent the resources and skills needed to really pull it off.

I've been saying for a while now they should just start small, one or two planets and just add over time instead of trying to creating so much at once. The 'let's create the whole universe' approach is more than most can deal with. As a fan of Witcher 3 I loved how it started with a good sized core and each expansion truly grew upon it. Something similar in space could have a much better quality potential.

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
So.. apart from the bugged mess we got of a game. They kill the support and progress.
Leaving a ton of unfinished storylines and left us with no answer to most of the plot.

Good job Bioware!
You sure have been falling bad thanks to EA by shoving your damn Frostbite everywhere.

Draxton

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017
For all the talk about EA killing another studio/franchise, people ignore the fact that the project was mismanaged and went overbudget. Bioware now is in survival mode, if Anthem is not what EA expect in terms of a very healthy return of investment, chances will be very high that Bioware will not continue to exist. I won't blame EA for that, as many already said everywhere, this Bioware lost north and is not the one we fondly remember.

cant say im surprised. andromida was doomed from the outset. no real story. what story was there was disjointed. little character depth. some very back and forth to the same location missions. little variety in missions. over all it just wasnt living up to expectations of the first 3 games.

Serban13

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
EA is to blame. People should just stop buying their games, maybe that will send them a clear message.

HDB

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
the loss of Bioware as a top, just pre order the game, gamestudio is long gone. You can say that the fall started when they sold out to EA.

One would say that the signs were on the wall.

The hundreds of hours I played Neverwinter Nights and Baldurs gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.