BioWare Responds to Black Ops 2 Mixup With Free Mass Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Something like this happened to me with Resident Evil 2 (I think it was 2). Except I received two disc 2s. The disc was labeled as #1, but when I tried to insert it, it would get up to the menu and tell me to insert disc 1 which I needed to start a new game. I was able to exchange the game at Gamestop, but it was strange and frustrating at the time.

One of our own Moderators (here) got the 'surprise' but he already has the Mass Effect Trilogy. To him this was more annoyance than anything else since it stopped him from being able to play CoD Black Ops 2. The fastest solution is to download Disk 2 and get a replacement Disk.

It sure wasn't funny since all he talked about was playing CoD Black Ops 2.

BTW - CoD Black Ops 2 is OMG awesome!!! The campaign alone makes it a fantastic buy! :)

Hunter_Killers

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2003
[citation][nom]whiteodian[/nom]Something like this happened to me with Resident Evil 2 (I think it was 2). Except I received two disc 2s. The disc was labeled as #1, but when I tried to insert it, it would get up to the menu and tell me to insert disc 1 which I needed to start a new game. I was able to exchange the game at Gamestop, but it was strange and frustrating at the time.[/citation]

I think that was just Gamestops incompetence.

Thomas Creel

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
CODBO2 really is a pop culture thing, nothing wrong with that of course. I follow plenty of trends, wearing nike shoes and slides ( with socks ;P. ) I think they did a better job with this than with MW3.

liquidchild

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
I feel like I have run into a super hot ex...... You remember her ripping your heart out but you also remember how fun she was. After what you did, WHY COME BACK INTO MY LIFE! LOLOLOLOL

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
"This week Activision said Black Ops 2 has shattered pre-order records set last year by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and the company expects the game to be the biggest entertainment launch of all time."

..... sigh... the sheep need to be put down.

"In addition to an amazing and innovative game, we're also proud and humbled to see the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops II creating yet another legitimate, pop cultural phenomenon"

"In addition to an amazing and innovative game, we're also proud and humbled to see the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops II"

"In addition to an amazing and innovative game, we're also proud and humbled"

"In addition to an amazing and innovative game"

"amazing and innovative"

"innovative"

ROFL

[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]I'm really curious to how they did get mixed up, that's really odd; kind of funny though. Could it have been some kind of insider in the facility doing it on purpose?[/citation]
Games are like soda. Just because a game is designed and made by a company does not mean that they actually manufacture/assemble the boxes and DVDs themselves.
Think about ATARI, the company has not made a game in forever... yet their emblem is plastered all over everything because they do a lot of this type of work.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
"So far there's still no explanation as to how an Electronic Arts disc ended up in a sealed Activision product"

The same explanation that a certain company used a no-disc scene crack for one of their older games as a "patch" ? =)

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
The first 50? Seriously? So for everybody else? Tough shit? Slow/limited internet connection? Tough shit.

I haven't bought a CoD game since the WWII ones. Won't start now

Just to clue-in CoD Trolls, most folks buy more than one game. IDK go play Angry Birds! The fact is CoD Black Ops 2 is arguably the best FPS.

Also, IDK what game(s) you play and your opinions to the contrary are simply laughable.

Yeah...I also own a copy of Skyrim but who cares it's just another game, a year old, one of countless, one of a few shelves packed full of games. This 'article' is about an error that was made by a third-party. Also, I don't have gaming PC's, xBox's, PS3's, Wii's, etc all for 'one' game -- that would be crazy; it would be like buying a Blu-Ray or a TV for watching one (1) movie.

Value, both Skyrim & CoD Black Ops 2 are worth their price and as 'new' good games are available I'll place my orders.

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
"In addition to an amazing and innovative game, we're also proud and humbled to see the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops II"

anyone find this hugely funny???!!!!!!

SINCE WHEN? they been using same engine for like 10 years and all these lame sheep *cough Kids cough* don't see it .

few my friends play CoD games older friends and i asked them all do you notice any differences to other cods you have played? at the time of question MW3 just came out.

answer was typical of a blind sheep ... Yes they have new maps for online and different kill streaks and new guns and stuff

i sat there stunned thinking i must be only person on world that cannot stand following others *sheep*.... and being blind from the retardness of playing such a pathetic excuse of a game

is human kind not as smart as i thought? are people just generally stupid? do they enjoy getting used for activistion profit? after all Activistion Blizz... as a company is horrible... they businesses module is based on money and trying get much as they can out of anything to do with CoD and it shows as well through blizzard such as Diablo 3 Auction house ,if you dont know Blizz has a tax on it.

[citation][nom]bowzef[/nom]Blah, Blah...Blah.

few my friends play CoD games older friends and i asked them all do you notice any differences to other cods you have played? at the time of question MW3 just came out.

answer was typical of a blind sheep ... Yes they have new maps for online and different kill streaks and new guns and stuffi sat there stunned thinking i must be only person on world that cannot stand following others *sheep*.... and being blind from the retardness of playing such a pathetic excuse of a gameis human kind not as smart as i thought?

are people just generally stupid?

More...Blah, Blah...Blah.[/citation]
Hmm...'Magical Powers' vs 'Shooting someone in the Head' ... I guess whatever flips your flag.

However, it can be easily argued anyone playing games past the age of 10-12 is, as you say, "stupid or retarded." So join the 'sheep' and relish your own weirdness.

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
[citation][nom]jaquith[/nom]Hmm...'Magical Powers' vs 'Shooting someone in the Head' ... I guess whatever flips your flag.However, it can be easily argued anyone playing games past the age of 10-12 is, as you say, "stupid or retarded." So join the 'sheep' and relish your own weirdness.[/citation]

Well CoD and Company's like EA Activision Blizz are ruining the gaming industry , i'm just fed up with these so called innovative games ... it's the fact that over there is saturated of same game or games trying beat each other on sales. EA with bf3 was to try and draw people from CoD, did not work due to fact all kids found BF3 too hard to play after all these are generation of console kids think bullshit auto aim magnet is skill .... LOL!!!!!! again Activistion is like apple with there products overpriced piles of crap

captainblacko

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Would have been funnier if it was BF3.

This however has happened to me a few years ago. I thought i bought Rainbow Six Black Thorn and i got home, installed the game and tada.....Delta Force Black Hawk Down. Luckily it was a two pack game from Seriea and Rainbow Six was burned on the Delta Force disc!

G

K-zon

On the regards of interest of say fifty is probably left to that of just what is within mind for, given the interest could actually be within some bundled regards of say product interest or such of or given there could just be that of a means of say exchange to the point of where the count of such is left to that amount by some means on. Those of interest within say Black Ops 2 is only within interest of say Mass Effect by that about to as well given any pre-order regards. Or backwards even also to say on regards of for interest with.

Otherwise of such though is probably left more to the interest of releases, practically say inconveinence(s) is probably only placed to be found on some regards more then others. Given there is alot of interest within gaming over the last few years and say years to come or of, that the regards on are probably not placed within say better means on without interest of such being within to say at a time perhaps. This kinda on a maybe lesser end of regards or of like, but still..

On interest within say publishing and developing means of interest has placed more regards of interest within say use or mind on interest of about any release these days and ages to say of.

On a gaming aspects of such only says to a point what to be placed within say regards on is only as practical as there is any involement of such or to such on. Gaming is say gaming at a time still of almost despite what you say spend or invest time into at a time to say.

Mistakes/accidents do happen at times that's usually for sure to say somewhere probably about something. At times for interest of time include to regards of say that of even spelling to interest on to say at a time. Like getting dip-wad instead dap-wid. Or wod in some cases to say.

Hard to say either way these days and ages though of course given the regards of the many within for place of on say part to. So of such on with that of interest to say for might not be say placed within say as much issue for given that of what there is to have one for. Given it sounds like a PC release is probably hard to place to say for lesser within interest, given a many interest within use of such to say as in for or on at a time to say. Console would only seem as appliable for regards on within given practically placed between an interest of use for there isn't much a different on or is when of.

Oh well though to say on of to basically; for given interest of compensation on about with to say for. Given there always seem(s) to be alot said of such to say for on about.

What else is there to do to say at time?? , might be a question within interest for that of any.

Status
Not open for further replies.