Bitcasa Infinite Drive Offers Unlimited Cloud Storage for £7 a Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

weierstrass

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
First, according to their website its 10$/month or 99$ per year. Second, I would prefer some clear specification instead of the vague "infinite" or can we really make a backup of the 25 petabytes per year LHC data there for only 99$ per year? For sure they will limit it somehow, if not directly then by bandwidth.

weierstrass

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
First, according to their website its 10$/month or 99$ per year. Second, I would prefer some clear specification instead of the vague "infinite" or can we really make a backup of the 25 petabytes per year LHC data there for only 99$ per year? For sure they will limit it somehow, if not directly then by bandwidth.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Well one of my home arrays is 36TB... I'd pay $100 a year to back that sucker up... :) I need to see their privacy and encryption policies first though.

techseven

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
I have Bitcasa Infinite Drive, now its showing "7,99 EB free of 7,99 EB"

EB is Exabytes, you can look it up what that means! And I am actually using around 900GB now. Uploading really big files, like10GB+ can be a hassle (some fiddling and "babysitting" uploads) but for smaller files its easier.

For unlimited cloud storage space you have to decide for yourself what is acceptable download speed if you need to recover files, cos no-one is going to download petabytes of data on a personal cloud storage...

Would I recommend this service? Only if you get a special deal, cos they are still ironing out a lot of bugs, its still not smooth and robust (think Dropbox)....

SaraEz1

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
I agree with @Weierstrass ; plus I've actually tried them out, and they've throttled my bandwidth so I'm sticking with Zoolz Unlimited thank you very much, for $2/month , no capping no throttling no fishy stuff ;)

ValentinaD

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
I agree with both @weierstrass and SaraEZ1 ; misleading information seems to always get the attention of the press and i'm surprised at how many other highly credible websites publish the same information! I mean don't you do your research? I have tried the Zoolz Unlimited though and it's awesome! I'm sure how much i'm paying and how secure it is, plus it's actually cheaper !!

Status
Not open for further replies.