Bitdefender deletes SAM file. Now Windows wont boot even in safe mode due to BSOD.

Mar 11, 2015
For reasons unknown the Wise Bitdfender Free Edition quarantines the SAM file and asks to restart the system to finish the cleanup of the file. I did what it asked and now my system BSOD's everytime windows loads before the login screen. Internet research tells me the SAM is a critical system file. Hooray. I would really like to avoid having to do any reinstall of Windows 7. Help please. This is the first time I've encountered this issue and thanks entirely to a software that was supposed to protect
me.

Solution
If you have your Windows CD you can try to do a system restore
another method you can try is using command promt to navigate to C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\
copy the sam file from there and put it into %SystemRoot%\System32\config\
this should enable you to boot OS

vesp3r

Distinguished
If you have your Windows CD you can try to do a system restore
another method you can try is using command promt to navigate to C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\
copy the sam file from there and put it into %SystemRoot%\System32\config\
this should enable you to boot OS

Solution
Mar 11, 2015

How do I access CMD? I can't even get past the login?

vesp3r

Distinguished
when you insert Windows CD it will ask you to install or repair. Go to Repair and it will show you window with several options, one of them is restore to previous point using windows restore and another option is to open CMD

Mar 11, 2015
I am now booting from my Desktop. I tried to repair windows 7 via windows 7 USB boot installation but it told me I have a different version. What I did was load the driver (I did this by accident) and I discovered I could navigate my Disk files so I recovered the SAM files from the backup location in system32 and copied it to the config file. I restarted and booted successfully. Thanks.

First order of business is to remove this Bitdefender Tripe (Almost irreversibly messed up my system)) then off to Cities Skylines :D