Bitfenix Aurora Tempered Glass ATX Case Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
My current case being the exception rather than the rule, I usually buy better case fans to replace and or supplement the ones included. My Phanteks Primo came with 5 140mm fans that work very well with minimal noise.

But every other case before it came with minimal fans. The most being either 2 or 3 on my HAF XM.

But hey, I just buy what I like feature wise and make any needed adjustments after.

Again my current case being the exception. I only added some Bit Fenix LEDs to it, and left it pretty much as is.

jdlech

Honorable
May 31, 2016
With these glass cases, I'm starting to think about a local artist I know. He's very good with just about everything I've seen him do.
I'm thinking I would really like the results if I bought a glass case and handed it to him for about 4 months and a couple hundred dollars. I'll bet he could do some awesome acid etching and back lighting.

Dysphemism

Reputable
May 17, 2014

It shouldn't take that long or cost very much. Etching takes a few hours and is cheap to do and not particularly high effort.

It would be nice to see these cases tested with hardware that they were designed for. I suspect the landscape would change significantly if these cases that were designed for water cooling were tested with a water cooler.

The noise and cooling performance would obviously change, but just as important is the difference in installation convenience. Installing a water cooling setup is quite different than installing a single tower air cooler, and there are significantly more issues that could come up.

Tom's Hardware has plenty of information on closed loop water coolers that would be suitable for such a test. The price difference between the cooling systems could easily be accounted for in the value comparisons.

Regardless, I seriously question results that are derived from a setup that you'd never actually use.

jdlech

Honorable
May 31, 2016

It probably won't cost that much, but I prefer to give him lots of time for inspiration. The actual work would only take a few hours, depending on the number of colors he uses. Acid etching can be a lot like painting with watercolors. But it's more important that he be inspired - and god knows how long that might take. It's best to just hand it to him and let him do it when he does it.
artists.... you know....

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd use the dual-tower version of that CPU cooler in a system like this, so the only difference you're seeing are that the numbers are slightly higher. The consistency is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS