Bizarre Horizontal Lines that appear whenever watching videos or playing a game.

Apr 19, 2018
I am using a 1060 6gb gpu and a 4k Samsung Smart TV that is currently set at 60hrz (according to the the display properties) Recently I have been noticing some bizarre blurry and rather jagged horizontal lines that end up distorting most moving images (such as videos or when playing a game.) I have tried new HDMI cables, tried it on a different display, and updated drivers but with little to no avail. When I used the different display there were ZERO lines which made me think there was an issue with the TV. I tested my theory by using the built in YouTube and Netflix smart apps on the TV but the lines did not appear there. It seems that it is something between the PC and the TV only. When they are not being used together there are no issues. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. UPDATE: The TV was set at 30hrz. When I changed it to 60hrz the lines seem to have disappeared or have at least became much less noticeable to the point where I can no longer see them. I would still like assistance with this issue in-case the lines were to return.

Solution
Those lines are known as screen tearing, it happens when the graphics card renders more or less frames than the monitor's, or in this case, TV's refresh rate can display. The only way to get rid of screen tearing would be enabling V-Sync in games, get a G-Sync monitor or directly get a monitor with way higher refresh rate.
You could go into the NVidia control panel, go in the Manage 3D settings and set Vertical Sync to Fast (as you can see in the screenshot) to reduce the input lag as much as possible, you only have to make sure that you get frame rates higher than the monitor's refresh rate otherwise you could experience stutters.
You should also make sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date, you can update them Here...

SigmaTheFox

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
Those lines are known as screen tearing, it happens when the graphics card renders more or less frames than the monitor's, or in this case, TV's refresh rate can display. The only way to get rid of screen tearing would be enabling V-Sync in games, get a G-Sync monitor or directly get a monitor with way higher refresh rate.
You could go into the NVidia control panel, go in the Manage 3D settings and set Vertical Sync to Fast (as you can see in the screenshot) to reduce the input lag as much as possible, you only have to make sure that you get frame rates higher than the monitor's refresh rate otherwise you could experience stutters.
You should also make sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date, you can update them Here
unknown.png

Solution