[SOLVED] Bizarre multiple disk corruption? What could be causing it?

David Krismer

Honorable
May 28, 2014
Hey everyone.
My brother and I share a computer, I use one half for work, and he uses the other for gaming.
Both our installations of windows are on separate drives. I use one SSD for windows and an HDD for work files. A few weeks back, my HDD got corrupted. RMA'd it and got a new one. Pop the new one in, everything is fine.

However, last night my brother goes on to his HDD to play games, and is met with a black screen after sign-in. He got an error message saying that the Trash Can is corrupt.
Boot back into my side after being unable to figure out what's going on. Now the project I was doing for work yesterday morning on the fresh new drive is giving me the error "The file or directory is corrupted and unreable."
I'm guessing this is not a hard drive issue anymore. CrystalDiskInfo is reporting no errors for any of the three drives.

Do any of you have a vague idea what could be causing this?

David Krismer

Honorable
May 28, 2014
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

could be ram/motherboard issue, cpu overheating.
bad Memory?

GPU: GTX1060 6GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
PSU: EVGA 550 b3
MOBO: ASRock B450M-HDV
Dirves are a Kingston (SSD, working great), seagate (my brother's HDD) and WD Red Pro (my work drive)

CPU heat is normal, though I can't check it when booted into my brother's side, when the corruption is happening.

Ram is came with the mobo so probably low quality crap, however there are no other symptoms of ram being bad.