Question Bizzare turn of events - 3900x, 2080ti

jhuff247

Commendable
Nov 13, 2019
So where do I start, my system specs are as follows.

Ryzen 9 3900x (with stock cooler) (no oc)
Msi 2080ti (no oc)
Gigabyte aorus x570 motherboard
G.skill 3600 32gb ram (2x16gb) (running at 3600)
660p Intel m.2 2tb
Corsair 750w powersupply 80 gold plus

So about a week ago, my computer unexpectedly shutoff mid youtube video. Then when I tried to turn it back on, there was no signal on the monitor and I couldn't tell if it was posting or not.

I tested the powersupply on a different computer and that computer posted, showed me a windows symbol, then shutoff mid bootup aswell. So boom easy fix, I returned my powersupply, and bought a new one.

When the new one arrived, I tested it on the old pc first, and it started fine. I did a clean reinstall of windows to wipe the drive because I planned on selling the old parts. Worked fine the entire time, so I switched the new psu to my new computer, and once again it didnt boot. It sounded like it posted but again no signal on the monitor. (And yes by this time, I tested 3 different GPU's, and 3 different monitors with hdmi, dvi and display port.)

So I tested a whole slew of computer components together and everything worked, the only 2 components I couldn't test separately were the 3900x and x570 motherboard. So I returned my motherboard and bought a new 1 aswell.

When it arrived I built my new computer again, still no luck. Same no signal error.

So I took my wife's computer which was running:

(I had originally not wanted to update the bios for her b350 motherboard to make it run a 3900x but it was the only way to single it out.)

ryzen 5 1700x
Gtx 1060 6 gb
B350 tomahawk motherboard
3200 16 gb (2x8gb) ram
1 tb m.2 ssd

I took my powersupply and used it on her computer, also worked fine.

I took the ram from my new computer to her computer, worked fine at 3200 mhz.

I took my 2080ti and put it on her computer, worked fine.

I took my 660p Intel boot drive and booted into windows with her components.

Lastly, I took my 3900x (after flash updating the Bios) and tried it on her motherboard and boom, once again no signal error. So this whole time it was my cpu causing it? I want to know people's opinion or experience with this, because it seems like an odd issue for a cpu? But literally everything else works, except the cpu. What could have caused this? I have never overclocked the cpu, the thermals were 40-50c idle with 70-75c at heavy load. It is merely weeks old. Is the cpu done for? Are there any fixes? Any insight would help.

Luckily I have a 3950x coming in a few days. Which I will test with the new x570 motherboard and all new pc components and hopefully get a boot. Which will further prove it is the 3900x for some odd reason. Even though I'm sure it's the problem already.