Question Black bar at the top of laptop screen

Jun 9, 2022
My laptop's screen shows a black line at the top. It doesn't appear in the bios screen. Does this mean the screen is failing ? Should i take it to the service center . The warranty is valid.
Laptop:
Infinix x1pro 10th gen i7 16 gn ram windows 10 home.
windows updates are regularly installed.
This pic is from the login page of windows 10. This black line has just appeared today. I bought the laptop around 3 months ago

20220609-182240.jpg

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full laptop specs and OS information?

Windows?

When did the black line first appear? After some update, a new driver installed, a new app installed?

Sort of looks like the task bar - I do not see the Task bar at the bottom or sides. Windows' users can relocate the Task bar.

Or perhaps some app or tool moved the Task bar.

Right click an empty area of the black line. Do any pop up menus appear?

Another possibility is that you may simply need to resize the viewable area to fully fill the laptop's screen.

How to do that may be in the laptop's User Guide/Manual.

Jun 9, 2022
Update your post to include full laptop specs and OS information?

Windows?

When did the black line first appear? After some update, a new driver installed, a new app installed?

Sort of looks like the task bar - I do not see the Task bar at the bottom or sides. Windows' users can relocate the Task bar.

Or perhaps some app or tool moved the Task bar.

Right click an empty area of the black line. Do any pop up menus appear?

Another possibility is that you may simply need to resize the viewable area to fully fill the laptop's screen.

How to do that may be in the laptop's User Guide/Manual.
I updated the post.
It is the fine line appearing at the top

Jun 9, 2022
What about the Task bar?

FYI:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-use-the-taskbar-in-windows-0657a50f-0cc7-dbfd-ae6b-05020b195b07

Were you able to check the laptop's User Guide/Manual for information about screen size and screen adjustments?
It is not the task bar. When I login the taskbar is present at the bottom. This line is present all the time.
Unfortunately the manual coming with the laptop doesn't mention anything about screen resizing. There is no support website even.

Ralston18

Titan
Try right clicking an empty area on the desktop.

Do you see a pop-up window open with a menu that contains a GPU related Control Panel?

Look there.

There may be other menu options available as well. Just explore as applicable and do not make any initial changes.

Just discover what options you can find.

If in doubt about anything that happens then "Cancel" is your friend.

TRENDING THREADS