Black display on startup but works after turning off/on

Mayonnaisu

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2014
Hello dear community!

Ive recently noticed this weird thing on my 2nd screen to my desktop.
Everytime i start my PC and turn on my 2 screens and after i login to windows, after password screen, i can briefly see my desktop for a second and then the 2nd screen goes black. If i turn if off and on, same thing happens - it shows the desktop for a second and then goes black. If i turn it off and on for a second time it works as usual.
This happened a while back so i thought id update my gpu drivers and it seemed to fix it for a while. Then recently it started to happen again and im not sure why this is happening.
Im running Win7.

Any help is appreciate, thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
You may want to list our specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I'm assuming you're on an Nvidia driver since AMD's drivers ask you if you want to automatically update drivers. See if uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers changes anything. To add, see if you have any motherboard BIOS updates pending. If you do have a number of them to work through, don't jump to the latest. Incrementally work your way up.

Mayonnaisu

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2014

Ah, yes sorry:
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5ghz
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A - ATX / Z97
Ram: HyperX Fury Black series 2x8 GB 1866mhz ddr3
SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb
GPU: Sapphire R9 290 4gb Tri-X OC
PSU: Corsair CX 750M 750W
Chassis: Fractal Design Define R4

Oh yeah, actually there is new drivers available for the gpu now, maybe that will fix it. But i never experienced anything like this before, which is so weird.