Question Black flickering boxes in some games ?

Feb 2, 2022
Hey! So i recently encountered the problem below and i have no clue why i have it or how to fix it, it was only happening in It Takes Two and Total War Warhammer 1, but after a PC reset it seems to be fixed in Warhammer 1.

• I have updated and i have uninstalled my gpu drivers but that solved nothing,
  • I have turned off my OC but again, didn't solve anything.
Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard: MPG B550 GAMING PLUS (Bios version: 7C56v18 )
Ram: Corsair 32gb 3600mhz
SSD/HDD: Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 250GB - Kingston A2000 500GB - Kingston A400 480GB - Seagate Barracuda 3TB
GPU: Radeon 6800XT
PSU: Corsair RM750X 750W 80+ Gold (About 1-2 years old)
Chassis: Phanteks Eclipse P400A
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG251RX - ASUS VG258QR

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...8361317058805830/2022-02-02_09-20-31_Trim.mp4

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please include the age of the PSU as well as the BIOS version you're on for your motherboard. Does the issue crop up with only the two titles listed above?

Usually the black boxes can come about from corrupt drivers or a corrupt OS. It can also happen to a GPU that's on it's way out or that your PSU is lacking the necessary power for the entire system.

Try using DDU and in Safe Mode, reinstall the latest GPU drivers manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Feb 2, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please include the age of the PSU as well as the BIOS version you're on for your motherboard. Does the issue crop up with only the two titles listed above?

Usually the black boxes can come about from corrupt drivers or a corrupt OS. It can also happen to a GPU that's on it's way out or that your PSU is lacking the necessary power for the entire system.

Try using DDU and in Safe Mode, reinstall the latest GPU drivers manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Thanks for the welcome and for the fast reply!
I edited my first post and added my specs plus your requests for bios version and psu age!

And yes, it is only regarding those two titles so far, i have tested maybe 4-6 other titles aswell but they are fine! (Today after i reset my pc, this problem does not seem to affect total war warhammer anymore for some reason, but it takes two is still affected)

And i have used DDU, but it did not help.

Last edited:

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Thanks for the welcome and for the fast reply!
I edited my first post and added my specs plus your requests for bios version and psu age!

And yes, it is only regarding those two titles so far, i have tested maybe 4-6 other titles aswell but they are fine! (Today after i reset my pc, this problem does not seem to affect total war warhammer anymore for some reason, but it takes two is still affected)

And i have used DDU, but it did not help.

Did you figure this out? I am getting it in Cyberpunk on my new 4080. Can't recall seeing them with my last GPU (3080) but it seems to go away with RT off.