Black ops 2 windows 8 Issue

groovyz

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Hello guys,

I have prob running black ops 2 with windows 8 Enterprise 64b, tried everytrhing I could but dont seem to be working, as soon as I run the game it crash saying black ops 2 has stopped working :-(

Any help would be really useful.

Thanks

G

Hi,

Not sure If you fixed the problem, But I have just installed Windows 8 Pro 32-bit and I was having the same problem. If I was clean install follow this

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable which can easily be downloaded on the Microsoft website as x86 or x64 edition:

32 bit: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5555

64 bit: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=14632

Usually the application misses the dll

Hope It Helps - It Worked For Me :)

bjaminnyc

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011

Can you provide more information about where the game stops running and your specs? I run the same OS (8 enterprise x64) and haven't had any issues other than having to disable 2 of the 6 cores on my phenom II x6.

shekky

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
I get a windows memory dump for windows 8 whenever I run black ops 2 here is my setup. The Game was running perfectly smooth until I updated Windows 8 that night next morning I started crashing all the time. game would launch but would randomly dump memory.

Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit
Intel 3960X 3.4 GHZ
eVGA Geforce 680 Tri-SLI (Triple Monitor Setup as well)
(Game is not running on all displays either)
16GB Ram
Corsair AX1200 Powersupply
Gigabyte G.1 Assasin 2 Motherboard
Killer Nic E2100 Embedded Network Card
Creative X-Fi Embedded Sound Card

bjaminnyc

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011

Ha, I think your PC is just board. The title probably isn't demanding enough so its looking for something else to do and forgets to run the game.

mattbrough

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
The problem is likely that the application won't accept the offload features of the Killer, so you may need to bypass it. You can do that by making sure that you're running the latest version of the drivers (from http://www.killergaming.com/support/Downloads) and do the following:

First, ensure hidden files and folders are being shown in Windows Explorer, then navigate to

C:\ProgramData\Bigfoot Networks

Right-click the GameDetect.xml file and click "Edit"

From here, you'll see a section at the top that looks like this:

<GameDetectSettings>
<ByPassSection>
<ByPass>mozybackup.exe</ByPass>
<ByPass>mozystat.exe</ByPass>
<ByPass>mozyconfig.exe</ByPass>

All you need to do is add a new line right under the mozy stuff and replace it with your application .exe. So, it should look something like this:

<ByPass>yourapp.exe</ByPass>

Then save the file and exit, then you'll need to reboot. You may then be able to connect to your game.

:bounce:

extremezone

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Problem : COD Black Ops 2 Doesn't Work in Windows 8 Fix

Possible Solution: if you are using Windows 8 Consumer Preview, then it will not run and I have a simple solution to make it working, just right click the game.exe, Properties, go to compatibility tab, and check the option “Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)”.

Thanks

mattbrough

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
for blackops 2 m8 compatibility windows xp will not works because blackops 2 uses the dx11 api, if the game will not run then check your hardware is fully compatible and free from bugs